Speculation: V. 2014 Stars Offseason Thread: Spezza to the Rescue

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Pierre LeBrun spoke with Nill about the season.

Nice article to read even though not much new. Best part is quotes from around the league:

No wonder the Stars are a trendy pick ahead of this season to continue its onward climb in the tough Western Conference.

``I think Dallas is ready to take a leap in with the big boys,’’ one Eastern Conference GM told ESPN.com this week.

"It's no surprise to anyone in the Western Conference that watched Jim Nill and his staff quietly weave his Magic in Detroit ... that the same culture of excellence is evolving quickly in Dallas through solid drafting and astute trades and FA signings,’’ another rival Western Conference team executive told ESPN.com via email.

``Another contender in the West. "

This isn't new about Nuke, but it sums up everything I'm hoping will add up to a great season:

``I think Nichushkin is going to be even better,” said Nill, not one for hyperbole. ``Last year was just a brand-new year for him, for a kid who’s 18 to come over here and go through the NHL not knowing the language, the rinks. He stayed here all summer, trained here, his English got better, so I think you’ll see a big step from him.’’

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
This isn't new about Nuke, but it sums up everything I'm hoping will add up to a great season:

This calls for topless Nichushkin pics. And some criticism of his awful tattoo's

10537978_527728600665530_854661412_a.jpg

10296851_603311869776273_1879937972_a.jpg

Primetimey*

HAHA Mark did it!!

Also, per Mark, Garbutt, Stransky, McKenzie, Connauton, Hemsky, and Roussel are in town.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'll fight anyone that doesn't agree this is the best damn Stars writer in all the land.

His story released today: John Klingberg Knocking on the Door

:clap:

Take the day off. You deserve it.

Finally had a chance to read this. I was happy to see some quotes from Dallas' Swedish scout about his season last year:

“He was really good,†said Sweden-based Stars scout Rickard Oquist. “He was one of the better players in the league. He was actually outstanding.â€

“I think it was a good move that he went back home and played one more year,†said Oquist. “I think he is ready to come over and I think he will be knocking on the door for the big team.â€

I'm going to pretend Mark fed Oquist that last line ... :).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

More love for Jamie Benn, this time from Sidney Crosby. Says Benn would be the guy (non-teammate) he'd build a franchise around.

Traverse said he was a Hart candidate earlier.

It's pretty amazing to see the recognition this guy is getting. Of course ... he's not good enough to consider in TSN's rankings.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

It's pretty amazing to see the recognition this guy is getting. Of course ... he's not good enough to consider in TSN's rankings.
Wow, he must've really made an impression on his Team Canada teammates in Sochi.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX

Pretty cool. Kind of a surprise an EDM fan didn't start a thread about this on the main boards because he didn't say Hall.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
You love that tourny so much. :laugh::laugh:

Damn you ... I didn't catch it in piqued's quote, but I just noticed it on Trill's. Thought I got away with it until I scrolled the rest of the way down.

Primetimey*

Just for fun..

The Dallas Stars, Boston Bruins and Phoenix Coyotes are also heavily considering making pitches for Evander Kane. I go back and forth on this based on who I talk to...there is a very polarized opinion about the Jets and Kane...however....more people are telling me they believe a deal gets done prior to October 1...

From Eklund ;)

Primetimey*

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Kane - Spezza - Hemsky

That would be alright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad