USMNT Part X - Qatar Bound - Group B (England, Iran, Wales)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think there's as much interest in these types of jobs as is supposed, and definitely not for a long-term run. Most managers with any ambition are going to want to be working with their teams day in/day out, developing their players, moving up the rungs, etc... It takes a special kind of manager that is ok with the long periods of "inactivity" and general lack of agency shaping their team and tactics (e.g. Roberto Martinez, who can be manager and still be a pundit).
I’d agree with this and I think that also plays into my point. National team play is very fun to watch but the players/managers generally don’t care all that much about it.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'll be going to the 2nd camp cupcake game so hopefully we can see more of the new players than the retreads. I'm really excited seeing Pomykal, Aaronson, Morris and Sonora getting involved.

Also really happy to see Jalen Neal in there as a Galaxy fan. Had a good season in the USL last year and with the youth national teams. Hopefully they can give him some minutes.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Basically all domestic or young Euros who aren't playing. Makes sense. Shoulda called up Wiley.
Wiley is on the U20 camp. I think Gomez over Wiley for the senior team is more that Gomez would only be released for the senior team.

Pretty strong team. Apparently RedBulls didnt release Edelman and the Fire didnt release Brady and Guiterez.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Wiley is on the U20 camp. I think Gomez over Wiley for the senior team is more that Gomez would only be released for the senior team.

Pretty strong team. Apparently RedBulls didnt release Edelman and the Fire didnt release Brady and Guiterez.
Yeah, that makes sense, and I am happy to get Gomez in. I hope we at least invited Koleosho, even though I'm sure he wouldn't have been released.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hell of a goal but the kid is a clown (or maybe it's the article). There are literally no "haters" and nobody to silence if he just keeps his head down and keeps working hard instead of pouting pre-tourney (and even after that, most people believe he's a great talent and just want to see more maturity).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad