Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Getting so hard for an old man to keep up ... :wally:
USHL Announces 2022-23 Schedule

06/20/2022, 11:45AM CDT
BY USHL

2022-23 USHL REGULAR SEASON BEGINS SEPTEMBER 22 AND CONCLUDES APRIL 22

The United States Hockey League (USHL), in conjunction with Member Clubs, announced Monday the 2022-23 regular season schedule.

The season will consist of 62 games for each team in a regionally-based schedule, following the same format as the past two seasons. Preseason matchups for the upcoming season will be released at a later date.

The 30-week regular season is scheduled to begin September 22 at the DICK’S Sporting Goods Fall Classic and come to a close on Saturday, April 22, 2023 with a full slate of games. ...

Read more at:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does Dubuque where those throwback jerseys on any sort of regular basis?

I'm a Sens fan, and have a big Sens jersey collection. I eventually want one jersey of each league a Senator played in while as a prospect. One of the guys they drafted is going to play for the Fighting Saints and I want to jump on the opportunity to get a jersey from the USHL (whose team isn't the national team as they just have USA jerseys, and I already have one of those). I definitely like the throwback to the old WHA team the best and that would be my top choice, but I don't want to get one that the player never actually wears.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Does Dubuque where those throwback jerseys on any sort of regular basis?

I'm a Sens fan, and have a big Sens jersey collection. I eventually want one jersey of each league a Senator played in while as a prospect. One of the guys they drafted is going to play for the Fighting Saints and I want to jump on the opportunity to get a jersey from the USHL (whose team isn't the national team as they just have USA jerseys, and I already have one of those). I definitely like the throwback to the old WHA team the best and that would be my top choice, but I don't want to get one that the player never actually wears.
The current USHL incarnation of the Fighting Saints began play in 2010. The earliest web evidence that I could find of the team wearing a uniform with the skating saint logo was for a 1980s-themed game hosting the Waterloo Black Hawks in 2018. Then there's a gap in the e-trail until the March 2022 reintroduction of the retro logo on specialty jerseys (now on sale). So I'd reckon the use of this logo has been sparse over the seasons.

I've seen no evidence of any Fighting Saints fans active in this forum in my 5 years of HFBoards membership. So the only other ways I can think of to help you fill in the gaps & tie a particular player to wearing that retro logo for Dubuque would be: (1) Find a DBQ fan group on Facebook & pose your question to them; or (2) Contact someone in the team's front office & see if any of them can help you with your history lesson. Happy hunting.

Last edited:
Reactions: saskriders

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

More from the USHL website release ...

...The 57 total selections matches the League record, previously set at the 2018 NHL Draft, and extends the USHL to five-straight Drafts with 50-or-more players selected.

The USHL saw 42 forwards, 12 defensemen and three goaltenders selected in total. Among the Drafted were 47 college commitments, as well as seven players currently playing Division I hockey. Of the 57 total Draft picks only three are not committed to a Division I school as the USHL continues to promote players to the highest level of collegiate hockey. The League had more than 900 alumni across the NCAA Opening Night rosters last season. The USHL's 57 players came from four countries, with the United States leading the way with 42, Canada following with 13 and each of Finland and Slovakia producing a selection. ...

While the USA Hockey National Team Development Program (NTDP) led the way with 23 selections, a total of 14 of the USHL's 16 Member Clubs produced a Draft pick and 12 of those Clubs had two-or-more picks. The Muskegon Lumberjacks (6) followed the NTDP with the Lincoln Stars (5), Omaha Lancers (5), Chicago Steel (4), Des Moines Buccaneers (4), Dubuque Fighting Saints (4), Sioux City Musketeers (4), Green Bay Gamblers (3), Tri-City Storm (3), Waterloo Black Hawks (3), Youngstown Phantoms (3), Sioux Falls Stampede (2) and Madison Capitols (1) rounded out the USHL picks. Ten of the USHL's 57 picks played for multiple Clubs in their time with the USHL. ...

Reactions: QcObserver21

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

USHL Sends 361 Players to NHL Development Camps

07/13/2022, 2:30pm CDT
By USHL

220 Draft Picks and 141 Undrafted Players Spread Across 29 Rosters

The United States Hockey League (USHL) has 361 players in total across 29 NHL Development Camp rosters his summer. The 361 players includes 210 forwards, 118 defensemen and 33 goaltenders who have come through the USHL, including 81 players from last season's USHL rosters. Both the New York Islanders and Winnipeg Jets announced previously they will not host a Development Camp this summer and the Toronto Maple Leafs Development Camp roster has not been released.

Among the 361 players with USHL ties, 220 of the players have been selected in the NHL Draft, including 55 of the 57 USHL ties from the 2022 NHL Draft.

The Boston Bruins lead the Camps with 22 USHL ties in attendance with the Chicago Blackhawks following with 18 and the Arizona Coyotes, Buffalo Sabres, Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators, Tampa Bay Lightning and Washington Capitals all with 17 players each. The Philadelphia Flyers (16), Vegas Golden Knights (16), New Jersey Devils (15), St. Louis Blues (15), New York Rangers (14), Anaheim Ducks (13), Colorado Avalanche (13), Calgary Flames (12), Pittsburgh Penguins (12) and Los Angeles Kings (11) all have double-digit attendees. ...

Read more & See the Camper List at:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

FloSports and USHL Announce Five-Year Media Rights Partnership​

08/16/2022, 8:45am CDT
By USHL

Partnership Brings Exclusive Global Streaming Rights to More Than 500 USHL Games Through 2026-27 Season​

The United States Hockey League (USHL), in partnership with FloSports, a leading sports streaming and original content platform, today announced a 5-year global media streaming rights partnership. Over 500 USHL games annually will be exclusively streamed on FloHockey, FloSports' dedicated hockey platform, through the 2026-2027 season. USHL programming was previously available on HockeyTV, the streaming platform operated by Canadian-based HockeyTech. HockeyTech was acquired by FloSports in 2021. The transition of USHL programming to FloHockey represents a continuation of the 10-year partnership initially established by the HockeyTech team.

With the addition of USHL, FloSports continues to consolidate live hockey programming outside of the NHL under one easily accessible platform. Across its FloHockey and HockeyTech platforms, FloSports' hockey programming now includes the ECHL, American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA), Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL), USA Hockey, Hockey Canada and the USHL among others. The company has also established business relationships and other partnerships with a number of other leagues including the AHL. ...

Read more at:

Reactions: StrBender

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
BROCK SHEAHAN HIRED BY CAROLINA HURRICANES TO BE CHICAGO WOLVES HEAD COACH

By Chicago Steel, 08/23/22, 1:30PM CDT

GENEVA, ILLINOIS — The Carolina Hurricanes today announced the signing of Brock Sheahan to lead their American Hockey League affiliate as Chicago Wolves Head Coach. Steel General Manager Mike Garman has been named Head Coach for the 2022-2023 season and assumes the dual role of Head Coach and General Manager, effective immediately.

Sheahan leaves the Steel as the winningest head coach in the history of the organization, compiling a career record of 108-30-12-3 including the postseason. Under his direction, the Steel captured the Anderson Cup (regular season title) in back-to-back seasons in 2020 and 2021 before Sheahan led the team to the second Clark Cup championship in team history in 2021. ...

Read more at: BROCK SHEAHAN HIRED BY CAROLINA HURRICANES TO BE CHICAGO WOLVES HEAD COACH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Looks like Sidearm Sports is living up to the social media management tradition established by the League and/or their previous contractor (whichever one made a mess of it over the last few seasons). So I expect very little accessible news or features available to link from this thread this season, but I'll do what I can & encourage other interested members to post what they find as well.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Looks like Sidearm Sports is living up to the social media management tradition established by the League and/or their previous contractor (whichever one made a mess of it over the last few seasons). So I expect very little accessible news or features available to link from this thread this season, but I'll do what I can & encourage other interested members to post what they find as well.
LIKE I'm doing with the NAHL thread there will be a separate thread for the Maine based teams... in the USHL, it's split between the Premier/NCDC AS Compared to the NAHL

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
LIKE I'm doing with the NAHL thread there will be a separate thread for the Maine based teams... in the USHL, it's split between the Premier/NCDC AS Compared to the NAHL

The USHL has no such split. Only the USPHL is divided between Premier and NCDC. There is no connection between the USHL and USPHL.

• Love
Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Courtesy of HockeyTech & hockeyDB.com, as Sidearm continues to stiff arm my access to the USHL site ... :soap:

2022-23 United States Hockey League Standings

Leagues -> USHL -> 2022-23 -> standings

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Felt sorry for the NTDP U17 Boys last night in the 2nd period @ Cedar Rapids on Friday night. Team USA & their hosts had traded goals three times in the first & early second, to tie the game @ 3-3 with very good team speed & puck movement. But starting at the 14:09 mark of the middle session, CR forward Ryan O'Connell (Merrimack commit) book-ended a 4-goal explosion in just 3 minutes & 43 seconds of play to take a lead that would not be lost. Not sure if that's a League record, but the Riders PbP guy may still be recovering from the rapid(s) fire excitement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad