Useless Thread MDLXII: Talking About Christmas In May Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So you're saying chemical reactions within our brains can be an indication of future health complications sort of like our DNA is a "map" of us
Not just within our brain.

Everywhere around us.

For instance, on a larger scale, it is possible to modelize and predict how something will act with physics (which we obviously simplify a lot, but we still obtain good predictions). For example, what speeds a ball on a slide with up and downs will have at specific points.

The smaller we go (and also the bigger we go), the better those predictions are. If we were indeed able to modelize every single particle or whatever that exists in the universe exactly, and knew the "laws" that govern them, we could technically predict the fate of our universe with exactitude. It could also be feasible on a smaller scale. But even on a 1mm² scale, I seriously doubt we have anything with the required processing power to modelize exactly every single particles, not to mention particles from out of that area will influence what happens in that area.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Zaide can tell by the small noises coming through the walls if a room is v messy or v not
No, it's just that two days ago, there was a plumber in his room while he was away to repair the sink, and the plumber kept the door open to have access to his toolbox, and while coming back from work, I passed in front.

It was a ****ing mess with a bunch of stuff laying everywhere - not just clothes, but food packages, kitchen stuff, bags, etc. also. Like I think the plumber had to push a bunch of stuff just to be able to make his way to the sink without stepping on anything lol

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You think when you wake up in the mornin yesterday dont count. But yesterday is all that does count. What else is there? Your life is made out of the days it's made out of. Nothin else. You might think you could run away and change your name and I dont know what all. Start over. And then one mornin you wake up and look at the ceilin and guess who's layin there?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
You think when you wake up in the mornin yesterday dont count. But yesterday is all that does count. What else is there? Your life is made out of the days it's made out of. Nothin else. You might think you could run away and change your name and I dont know what all. Start over. And then one mornin you wake up and look at the ceilin and guess who's layin there?
Freaking SPODERMEN.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This is also something I have thought about.

But what is consciousness? Is it some intangible entity or just an extremely complex chemical reaction from our brains?
No one will ever know in our lifetime. At least we have dank memes.

I will start by saying that I believe that consciousness is just a "creation" of how brains have developped. Like, we feel like we control our body, we can react to stimulis, etc.

I'm amongst those who believe it's just an extremely complex reaction in the brain. Like, we barely understand how the brain works because it's so complex. But everything is mostly a chain of reactions in our body.

And these reaction are subjected to the particles thing I mentioned. So you feel you have control, but you don't and everything is kinda predetermined. That's how I see everything.
This is boring but probably right. Again no one will prove this in our lives so it's best to not think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad