Useless Thread MDLXII: Talking About Christmas In May Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah, I really don't know. I mean my people's teachings and sacred traditional knowledge (which my great grandmother is one of the last living experts in who has had the proper training) say that there is, and I have heard of and witnessed some pretty sp00ky stuff but I really don't know

Even if there were remnants of consciousness or spirits that hang around after we die, is that really us?

Our journey is entirely imaginary. That is its strength. It goes from life to death. People, animals, cities, things, all are imagined. It's a novel, just a fictitious narrative.
And besides, in the first place, anyone can do as much. You just have to close your eyes.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Our journey is entirely imaginary. That is its strength. It goes from life to death. People, animals, cities, things, all are imagined. It's a novel, just a fictitious narrative.
And besides, in the first place, anyone can do as much. You just have to close your eyes.

Yeah basically.

Either way it only has whatever meaning you give it

Dog

Not just within our brain.

Everywhere around us.

For instance, on a larger scale, it is possible to modelize and predict how something will act with physics (which we obviously simplify a lot, but we still obtain good predictions). For example, what speeds a ball on a slide with up and downs will have at specific points.

The smaller we go (and also the bigger we go), the better those predictions are. If we were indeed able to modelize every single particle or whatever that exists in the universe exactly, and knew the "laws" that govern them, we could technically predict the fate of our universe with exactitude. It could also be feasible on a smaller scale. But even on a 1mm² scale, I seriously doubt we have anything with the required processing power to modelize exactly every single particles, not to mention particles from out of that area will influence what happens in that area.

Interesting..

I still think we determine what we as human beings do. However, I do understand your stance.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
giphy.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I do not disagree with that.
Isn't this in your field of study? Figure it out :sarcasm:

It's not about knowing who you are. It's about thinkin you got there without takin anything with you. Your notions about startin over. or anybody's. You dont start over. That's what it's about. Every step you take is forever. You can't make it go away. None of it.
Still haven't watched Better Call Saul

The way I see it there are two paths:

1. An Afterlife-Cool

2. Eternal Oblivion-I won't know the difference.

:D
Right, so what is there to be worried about?

Yeah, I really don't know. I mean my people's teachings and sacred traditional knowledge (which my great grandmother is one of the last living experts in who has had the proper training) say that there is, and I have heard of and witnessed some pretty sp00ky stuff but I really don't know

Even if there were remnants of consciousness or spirits that hang around after we die, is that really us?
I don't know, this is (as of May 11, 2016) an unsolvable question. So I'd rather just browse images of a frog on a unicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad