Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
original.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
As I ranted about in the post game thread you all need to be here next year. No hopping off the wagon and no overreacting. Because we lost to a better team that out played us over the course of 6 games. So don't talk about choke jobs or "I quit on this team" here. Because you and I damn know that this city isn't that good in sports, and they always set you up to tear you down. All the hyped teams in this city fail to deliver, so it's not only the Caps.

IT's just something you have to deal with as a DC / MD / VA resident. And tomorrow is another day. So just go to work tomorrow and wear your Caps jersey and be PROUD to support their effort throughout this year.

They didn't choke. They didn't collapse. They were just outplayed by a better team. It happens. That's why the President's Trophy is so meaningless. And people thought that the Caps were entitled to the championship, their dumb 15 or whatever they wore on their hats like they were ENTITLED to play that many more wins. No. You earn those wins on the ice. And you get four wins first before you start thinking of 15 and the cup.

*Bob Richards*

As I ranted about in the post game thread you all need to be here next year. No hopping off the wagon and no overreacting. Because we lost to a better team that out played us over the course of 6 games. So don't talk about choke jobs or "I quit on this team" here. Because you and I damn know that this city isn't that good in sports, and they always set you up to tear you down. All the hyped teams in this city fail to deliver, so it's not only the Caps.

IT's just something you have to deal with as a DC / MD / VA resident. And tomorrow is another day. So just go to work tomorrow and wear your Caps jersey and be PROUD to support their effort throughout this year.

They didn't choke. They didn't collapse. They were just outplayed by a better team. It happens. That's why the President's Trophy is so meaningless. And people thought that the Caps were entitled to the championship, their dumb 15 or whatever they wore on their hats like they were ENTITLED to play that many more wins. No. You earn those wins on the ice. And you get four wins first before you start thinking of 15 and the cup.

tl;dr

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
After that 1st round vs Chicago I didnt feel a tiny bit like the President trophy winner was entitled to anything in 2011

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
It's tough being the President Trophy Winner, every other team is coming at you hard because they want to be that one who took them down.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Every year all my life we've been saying "Next year!"

My best friend from high school used to watch a lot of caps games with me and we figured we had our whole life ahead of us to wait for a win.

Well, he died two months ago. He watched the Caps for his whole life and now he's dead and he didn't get to see them win ****ing ****.

So, I'll tune in next October, but I need to start thinking practically or in other terms because getting my hopes up has been a waste of time.

Could be worse... multiple generations of Cubs fans have been born and died and look what they've been through. Then again, the Cubs don't go to the playoffs every year.

*Bob Richards*

Every year all my life we've been saying "Next year!"

My best friend from high school used to watch a lot of caps games with me and we figured we had our whole life ahead of us to wait for a win.

Well, he died two months ago. He watched the Caps for his whole life and now he's dead and he didn't get to see them win ****ing ****.

So, I'll tune in next October, but I need to start thinking practically or in other terms because getting my hopes up has been a waste of time.

Could be worse... multiple generations of Cubs fans have been born and died and look what they've been through. Then again, the Cubs don't go to the playoffs every year.

I know this is copy pasta but it's something I've totally thought about for a long time.

Feels like some fans believe in the law of averages and that things will eventually sort themselves out and its not necessarily true.

RIP Cubs fans granted this might actually be their year.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
stop being so bitter ix and just post spam like you normally do. Not that anyone actually reads it :sarcasm:

Sep 19, 2008
stop being so bitter ix and just post spam like you normally do. Not that anyone actually reads it :sarcasm:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Lmao so this morning my grandpa asked me for advice with what we should be focusing on in the meeting that he and council are having with the banks trying to manage the $30,000,000 trust fund from our settlement with the government that is going through this month

I was just like yo soz gramps I aint econ smell ya later

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
real talk though I helped him do the math on how much each bank would be charging, what their proposals were like, what expectations could be for net growth each year from investment management and what nonsense to look out for

Looks like each bank would be charging about 175-250k annually in fees and if they aren't making us at least 1M+ (post-fees) then they aren't worth our time.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Ix mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad