Useless Thread MDCCXLV: DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm willing to overlook that

Anything to get out of this phase of rooting for Bottas who's obviously never going to win and proving how good Rosberg actually was, and Vettel who is essentially the lesser of two evils
There's a championship race in the Merc F1 in GT Sport next week but you can't edit the livery on them. I was looking forward to painting mine bright red and putting I HEART SEB on the side.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Charles Leclerc in a Ferrari seat can't come soon enough either.

The only other drivers on the current grid I'd consider rooting for if they were in winning cars are Ricciardo and Hulkenberg, and maybe Ocon
Leclerc seems like a nice boy, I hope he does well.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Let me see.

Hammy: w**k
Bottas: no1currdog.gif
Vettel: If he beats Hamilton, sure
Raikkonen: pointless
Maximillian: It's too funny when he's annoyed
Danny Ric: Career ending
Sainz: Arsehole
Hulkenberg: zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Perez: How did this guy end up driving for McLaren?
Ocon: I'd like to see him in a real car
Leclerc: Nice boy only
Eriksson: I watched a video of all the crashes from the one F1 season the other day, I forget which year, but he managed to crash by knocking his steering wheel off with his knees. Gives me hope I could still make it in F1
Grosjean: Legitimately dangerous and not good enough to compensate for it
The other one at Haas: ?
Alonso: A shame
Vandoorne: Who cares
Stroll: Oh dear
Sirotkin: Why bother
Gasly: I'd like to see him in a real car
Hartley: ugly

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
She's trying to shift the blame! She's a big blame shifter, isn't she JP?
Why's JP in there?
Davros! Hillo! Yes, I am just as confused as you are as to why I find myself... locked in here
When I've finished watching The Sopranos I'm finally going to bother getting an All4 account and watch Peep Show and Fresh Meat for the first time in years

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Every 3 weeks thereabouts. I used to be lazier about it but I managed to get a NAS for free so now I have it automated.
If, for instance, a hard drive in a computer failed in such a way that whenever you tried to turn the computer on it tried and failed to run Startup Repair regardless of which boot mode you used, how able would a user be to retrieve files from it?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Well it was nice to watch the Matrix films again. Been a while since I had so many philosophical wonderings going through me heard.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If, for instance, a hard drive in a computer failed in such a way that whenever you tried to turn the computer on it tried and failed to run Startup Repair regardless of which boot mode you used, how able would a user be to retrieve files from it?

Startup Repair (I assume you mean windows startup repair?) Doesn't necessarily mean the drive is failing though it is possible.
It could also mean the Windows installation is corrupted, possibly due a bad update.

The easiest thing to do would be to take the drive out of the system and plug it into another PC as a secondary drive. If the only other option is a laptop you can get a drive enclosure:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182313

If it's a 3.5" drive, a 3.5" enclosure instead.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Your thoughts on the Alex Salmond allegations?
Pretty shocking obviously, and I hope nothing comes of it. I'm told today has been good (read: horrible) viewing on both sides of twitter, so I suppose that'll be there if you want to view it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Startup Repair (I assume you mean windows startup repair?) Doesn't necessarily mean the drive is failing though it is possible.
It could also mean the Windows installation is corrupted, possibly due a bad update.

The easiest thing to do would be to take the drive out of the system and plug it into another PC as a secondary drive. If the only other option is a laptop you can get a drive enclosure:
Rosewill Armer RX200-APU3-25B External 2.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - SSDs / HDDs, USB 3.0 Connection, 100% Screw-less - Newegg.com

If it's a 3.5" drive, a 3.5" enclosure instead.
Is it actually as easy as just plugging it into something else and taking the files off it? You're the second person that's told me that and it seems far too simple.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Is it actually as easy as just plugging it into something else and taking the files off it? You're the second person that's told me that and it seems far too simple.

Unless you encrypted it or something, yeah pretty much.
Occasionally when you do this it might yell at you saying you don't have permission or some such. But you can usually force it with a few clicks to overrule that.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Unless you encrypted it or something, yeah pretty much.
Occasionally when you do this it might yell at you saying you don't have permission or some such. But you can usually force it with a few clicks to overrule that.
Very reassuring.

It made a funny noise the other day and wouldn't turn back on again. I think it's a physical problem rather than software.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@Darren Peng I'm going to bed but I need some inspiration first

If you had a racing helmet, what sort of design would you have on it? I can't settle on something I like in GT Sport for the life of me. I'll show you the two I have tomorrow but I just feel like it's not what I want, even though I don't know what I really want, and even though I'll know it when I see it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It made a funny noise the other day and wouldn't turn back on again. I think it's a physical problem rather than software.

If it is a physical problem, don't use it until you can connect it to something else. Next time it powers up could be the last.

Afterward you pull whatever files (if it is physical some may be corrupted) you can run tests on the drive to find out for sure. The manufacturer usually has downloadable tools.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If it is a physical problem, don't use it until you can connect it to something else. Next time it powers up could be the last.

Afterward you pull whatever files (if it is physical some may be corrupted) you can run tests on the drive to find out for sure. The manufacturer usually has downloadable tools.
I've uh... tried to make it work a few times since. Gave up today after none of the available options worked. I don't really care what's wrong with it anyway tbh and if I can save what I need to I definitely don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad