Useless Thread MDCCXLV: DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You're not watching Fall Out Boy live at Reading Festival on BBC iPlayer then?

My mate is going there to see Kings of Leon on Sunday, chortle

The lineup is especially awful this year, I think we might've mentioned this
I remember you showing me it a few weeks back. It's grim stuff right enough if Fall Out Boy are headlining a festival like that in 2018.

When I was in school I was good friends with a girl who loved Fall Out Boy. When they released their live album in 2008 she got the version with the DVD and she was raging at how terrible they were.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The highlight of that performance is when they play their cover of Beat It and Pete Wentz introduces it with "I think there's a good chance that some of you guys were conceived to this song", then it starts, one of the most recognisable riffs in music, and there's absolutely no reaction from the crowd at all

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I remember you showing me it a few weeks back. It's grim stuff right enough if Fall Out Boy are headlining a festival like that in 2018.

When I was in school I was good friends with a girl who loved Fall Out Boy. When they released their live album in 2008 she got the version with the DVD and she was raging at how terrible they were.

Hark back to the days of the 2014 lineup when you had Queens of the Stone Age, Paramore, and the reunion of Blink 182.

And 2013 when you had Green Day playing Dookie in its entirety, and Eminem

2015 with Metallica and Royal Blood on the Saturday, that was the one my hockey teammate had his mum come and pick him up after 2 hours because he didn't like it

It's all been downhill since then

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hark back to the days of the 2014 lineup when you had Queens of the Stone Age, Paramore, and the reunion of Blink 182.

And 2013 when you had Green Day playing Dookie in its entirety, and Eminem

2015 with Metallica and Royal Blood on the Saturday, that was the one my hockey teammate had his mum come and pick him up after 2 hours because he didn't like it

It's all been downhill since then
Look at T in the Park's line-ups since 2010

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I had any friends who would be willing to go also, I probably would've gone to Download this year, for the Friday at least, skipping across to the stage with Bad Religion on it instead of Avenged Sevenfold, of course
Should've gone yourself, you could've been like Richard.

I saw a video the other day of Slipknot at Download. The audience was weirder looking than the band, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
First up: Why doesn't Neo know there's a Smith in the real world?

Unless I'm mistaken, and I haven't seen the last movie in a million years cause it was awful, isn't the implication that they were never actually in the "real world" ?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Unless I'm mistaken, and I haven't seen the last movie in a million years cause it was awful, isn't the implication that they were never actually in the "real world" ?
Erm

The Matrix is a simulation

The real world is Zion

Smith, a program, gets out of the Matrix and into the real world by assimilating a person who is plugged into the Matrix

This also happens in the second film

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Should've gone yourself, you could've been like Richard.

I saw a video the other day of Slipknot at Download. The audience was weirder looking than the band, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

Did I tell you about our boat party in Ibiza? I imagined it being like the boat party on The Inbetweeners movie, big massive boat with plenty of space on deck

Nope, it was a catamaran type boat, with a tiny top deck mostly just comprised of seats, with a tiny bit in the middle to stand up and dance, which was impossible because the sea was so choppy you would just fall over. The crowd was awful also, there was a group of American college frat boys who were the only people actually enthusiastic, the rest of the people were Germans and Spanish mainlanders who were quite miserable and wouldn't get involved. I ended up chundering over the side within half an hour without even drinking much, because I already felt like shit before even getting on the boat after the 5th straight day of eating a full English breakfast, I've been on boats loads of times to the Isle of Wight and shit on horrible waters and never get seasick, but this time was different. I spent the rest of the few hours face down on a table below deck, like seemingly half of the other attendees.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The reload system on these mechs at the dock is hilarious

Send out some scared children with wheelbarrows on a battlefield long since rendered impassable by Sentinel corpses, that's a good idea

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Did I tell you about our boat party in Ibiza? I imagined it being like the boat party on The Inbetweeners movie, big massive boat with plenty of space on deck

Nope, it was a catamaran type boat, with a tiny top deck mostly just comprised of seats, with a tiny bit in the middle to stand up and dance, which was impossible because the sea was so choppy you would just fall over. The crowd was awful also, there was a group of American college frat boys who were the only people actually enthusiastic, the rest of the people were Germans and Spanish mainlanders who were quite miserable and wouldn't get involved. I ended up chundering over the side within half an hour without even drinking much, because I already felt like **** before even getting on the boat after the 5th straight day of eating a full English breakfast, I've been on boats loads of times to the Isle of Wight and **** on horrible waters and never get seasick, but this time was different. I spent the rest of the few hours face down on a table below deck, like seemingly half of the other attendees.
Your holiday sounds like a load of shit, m8

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Your holidays sounds like a load of ****, m8

Honestly it really wasn't that good, we'd have been better off going with a bigger group, somewhere cheaper and more trashy like Magaluf, Malia or Zante.

The women in Ibiza were ridiculously good looking and it seemed like you had to be a 6'5" ripped adonis to have any chance of pulling them. Even the few average looking girls we got talking to didn't want to know, whereas the aforementioned places are full of average people who are almost too keen, so that would've been better.

I also felt like I spent half of the week waiting for the 2 guys I went with to get out of f***ing bed. I'm the sort of person who gets up and is in the shower as soon as the alarm goes off, but they're the types who hit snooze about 20 times so they don't actually get enough deep sleep and stay tired. We'd get back to the room in the evening after a pool party in the afternoon to early evening, and they'd lay down and fall asleep when we'd have plans to go to a big club at like midnight, so I'd be sat there pre-drinking by myself while they didn't get up until like 20 minutes before we had to leave to go out, so it was hard to get excited and ready for a night out, and when you get to the clubs it's like 13 Euros for a small bottle of beer so you can't get smashed when you've barely pre-drinked. Then in the mornings I'd get up first and be absolutely Hank Marvin waiting for them to get up, because we got free breakfast and if I went to breakfast by myself and told them the room number it would get ticked off the list, so the other guys then wouldn't get a free breakfast, and I'm not that much of a dick.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Will Smith's missus looks in awfully good shape given the piloting job she's just done

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Why is there a big thing that can produce the likeness of a human face to talk to people? Does this thing exist solely to talk to the One whenever he arrives?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"Smith" would be a good name and avatar combo if you joined a forum with the intention of becoming a moderator.

u3syp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot