I know not of leasing cars

I was just given one lol

"Take this new SUV Crossover" "k"

That was like 5 years ago too

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
We have sound barriers for that here

That being said there is a factory here or business facility that always has trash pickup at like 5 am you can hear them bang the trash bins and the truck drive

Oh it's absolutely ridiculous that houses were built there, they look very new, I'm not sure how that was allowed

But she's also really stupid for actually buying it

Sep 19, 2008
Like I said it's mostly just for sporty cars which have things like high performance brakes and other expensive parts that are costly to replace when they wear down on a car you've made a long term commitment to by buying it
fine but us peasantry have no use for leasing high end lambos

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
With my Ford Focus when my brake pads and discs got worn down I just gave my mate 50 quid and he went and got the parts from a standard garage or whatever and the change went towards his labour because he just does it as a hobby

If I had a sports car like the ones my hockey coach used to have, it would set me back hundreds if not thousands to replace the brakes and I'd probably have to go to a proper mechanic who would procure the parts

Sep 19, 2008
yep that sucks for those high end vehicles

when something breaks down I just go to the local repairman here who can easily find replacement parts

Sep 19, 2008
YOu get a lot of stuf fon NEtflix

Here we barely have anything other than Cobra Kai

So everyone just has Hulu or Amazon Prime or HBO Max

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
What IS a scam is just buying a brand new car straight from the lot with 0 miles on the clock because you piss away the value as soon as you drive home from the dealership

That's why Honda used to lease the new ones to the staff first before sending them on to the dealers because they know the demand isn't there for new cars at the rate they are producing them

Sep 19, 2008
Over here people think HBO Max is probably the best

I'm kind of conflicted though. I would gladly pay for HBO Max (despite it costing the same as Netflix, 15 dollars) but They are also showing Mortal Kombat (which is on HBO Max too) next week in a drive thru theater here.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
It's not very good for films. Most of the films I find on there that I'm interested in are usually older British costume drama type ones that always seem to have Kiera Knightley in. I find plenty of crime series I like on there though.

I think all the "Netflix original" stuff on there is the same and we get a lot of the American stuff but I think Brits say the American one is better because they're allowed to have a lot of the British shows that the BBC won't let UK Netflix have, and you can't always get those shows on BBC iPlayer because they're on there a limited time

Sep 19, 2008
I've noticed for the BBC shows Netflix does often have some of them but never has the latest season, and it doesn't go on there until like a year after it actually airs
I don't even think the latest season of peep show is available. Last I checked it wasn't on there a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad