Useless Thread MDCCXCVII: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
oh damn that's new new. it'll be so good on gas
I was hesitating between that and the Corolla Hatchback (2021 too). The Prius comes out at about $10 more per week, but is $15 less per month in insurance, and I work just 5 km away, so for daily commutes, I could run just on electricity. And if gas is needed, it's about 4.5 L/100km vs 6 for the Corolla. I did the calculation initially assuming just fuel was used and for 10 000 km per year, and the Prius came at just $250-300 more per year overall. Taking into account the fact I could run on electricity maybe 50% of the time, if not more, that pretty much balances out.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I was hesitating between that and the Corolla Hatchback (2021 too). The Prius comes out at about $10 more per week, but is $15 less per month in insurance, and I work just 5 km away, so for daily commutes, I could run just on electricity. And if gas is needed, it's about 4.5 L/100km vs 6 for the Corolla. I did the calculation initially assuming just fuel was used and for 10 000 km per year, and the Prius came at just $250-300 more per year overall. Taking into account the fact I could run on electricity maybe 50% of the time, if not more, that pretty much balances out.
wow 4.5L/100km is crazy good. I average about ~12l/100km

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
leasing :laugh:

who leases cars :laugh:

It's pointless for normal people like you and me but if you've got a bit of money and can afford nice cars from overpriced brands like BMW and Merc it's worth it because you can drive the nice car around without really having to be responsible for its upkeep and maintenance which can be extremely expensive for those type of cars , because you just get a new one after a year or whatever

My old hockey coach used to lease nice BMWs, Porsche 911 and Aston Martin type cars and get a new one quite often. It probably would have cost him way more money to pick one to keep for years and buy it and then have to replace parts when they inevitably break

When my dad worked for Honda he used to lease one because they gave staff discounted rates, and they'd always be brand new out of the factory

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
upload_2021-4-16_8-21-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad