Useless Thread MDCCLXXI: I'm pickle Chip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Large corporations have advantages in a free market, but they also have advantages the State provides them in return for them acting as tax collectors and policy enforcers. The corporation is a construction of the State, it is not an organic result of a free society.

Sep 19, 2008
This is game theory stuff. When you have the electoral system the US does, you inevitably get two serious parties. First past the post coupled with the American system of government practically guarantees this. 3rd parties can only play spoiler, realistically speaking.

Sep 19, 2008
don't listen to all the crap out there that women prefer the "bad boy". We truly don't. Not really.

Sep 19, 2008
Katakana is the writtewn alphabet used for loan words, but you still pronounce it in standard Japanese pronounciation. So Orange Juice in Japanese is not "Orange juice" it's "Orenjijūsu". Cheeseburger is "chisubaga". Most of the loan words are English, but theres some interesting ones. "Part time job" is "arbaito" from the German "arbeit".

so, "I like orange juice" in japanese is "Watashi wa orenjijūsu ga sukidesu", it's not "Watashi wa Orange Juice ga sukidesu". Technically. In reality, since the original word and the loan word are so similar no one is really gonna be confused by it.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie
Sep 19, 2008
It was lost in all the shitposting but Kiwoon loaded the bases in the bottom of the 7th, up 3-1.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Kpop song of the week for the 2nd time in 3 weeks is a non-JYP entity :eek:

Already there are 2 rap solos which are miles better than any Soyeon content

I've said Mamamoo's rappers are great. (All the members have very, very good vocal skills) But you're acting like Soyeon couldn't do these raps - once again, for the millionth time. I'm praising her based on technique. How "catchy" the rap parts are themselves have absolutely NO weight in that.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Most of my work for the day is done, well, my daily core stuff at least. A million projects are so far behind.

Might shop for some bikes.

Sep 19, 2008
The boys break down every aspect of the NHL's "return to play" plan, from training centers opening to the 24-team playoff (maybe?) format to the draft lottery to the NHL Awards. They discuss the Red Wings not firing their coach and the Sabres not firing their GM; the best aspects of "Rise of Skywalker"; and play a new game show on journeyman players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad