Useless Thread MDCCCXXXVII - Sarah Matthews Appreciation Thread (WARNING: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Netflix got worse because they shit themselves when there was competition and went for quantity over quality with their originals and exlusives. They now just pump out an endless amount of the same shite, especially on UK Netflix it's just constant adaptations of Harlan Coben books which are set in Britain for some reason even though he's an American writer.

Netflix was only popular before because it was the first one and it was an easy way to access a lot of people's favourite old shows, so brainless morons could just endlessly re-watch Friends and the US Office. While at the same time it was able to appeal by making its own flagship exclusive shows like Stranger Things, The Crown, Drive to Survive and The Witcher (which is the HBO model where they put all their efforts into making the odd really properly good thing every few years) but now Netflix waste time and money just regurgitating any old shit so they've lost their USP when Amazon were able to pick up a lot of all the older shows people want to re-watch as well as having their own original content as well as the non-TV related perks you get with Amazon Prime.

I would say Amazon, HBO, and Hulu are just about the only services that actually compete with Netflix.

But yeah, Netflix bungled their transition from being the only streaming platform to producing their own content. There have been too many popular shows that they outright dropped without ever providing a satisfying conclusion.

My bigger problem with Netflix is that there's too much stuff on there, to the point that I see something interesting yet I pass it up to continue looking.

Let it out then

I don't want to have some hideous antenna sticking out from behind my TV.

Yes, there are ways to put the antenna somewhere and run a wire, but f*** that shit, I'm lazy and it would take an excessive amount of effort to make it look not shitty.

Sep 19, 2008
Bar showing ntt indy car racing on nbc

250 laps 😂

Way too long

I would say Amazon, HBO, and Hulu are just about the only services that actually compete with Netflix.

But yeah, Netflix bungled their transition from being the only streaming platform to producing their own content. There have been too many popular shows that they outright dropped without ever providing a satisfying conclusion.

My bigger problem with Netflix is that there's too much stuff on there, to the point that I see something interesting yet I pass it up to continue looking.

I don't want to have some hideous antenna sticking out from behind my TV.

Yes, there are ways to put the antenna somewhere and run a wire, but f*** that shit, I'm lazy and it would take an excessive amount of effort to make it look not shitty.
This is what people with antennas deal with, the cord extends out

I'll show you tomorrow the dumb antenna jutting out here

Lirl you can't beautify an antenna setup

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
This is what people with antennas deal with, the cord extends out

I'll show you tomorrow the dumb antenna jutting out here

Lirl you can't beautify an antenna setup

Yeah, I would rather go without an antenna than either having an ugly antenna setup or going through all the work to run a wire through the walls.

With that amount of effort, I might as well just run an ethernet cable down to my living room so I can use the Steam Link at max speed.

Also I have Youtube TV, so an antenna would be redundant except for the gimmicky channels like the channel that plays Night Court and other sitcoms only old people care about

Sep 19, 2008
Andre DeGrasse beat Marvin Bracy to the line by .07 seconds to lift Canada to the victory in the men's race in 37.48 seconds.

Since when did Canadians run track and field?

Sep 19, 2008

프사기

Sep 19, 2008
Not only does that look terrible, but even if I do that, I know I won't get all the channels clearly.
You won't. The antenna is too inconsistent

PXL_20220724_122218921~2.jpg
PXL_20220724_122549010.jpg
PXL_20220724_122602714.jpg
PXL_20220724_122441830.jpg

The basement has that long ass cable sticking out of the TV and that's the only way you can pick anything up

Sep 19, 2008
The upper antenna is actually more subtle but is inconsistent. It picks up cbs now and if you move it forward it picks up fox and NBC. Basically there is no position to pick up all 4 channels which is dumb.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Pretty sure I have a yellow jacket nest in the front yard. Got stung again last night while mowing.

Sprayed a bunch of insecticide in the area, maybe I should go out and check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad