Useless Thread MDCCCXLVI - Soy sauce + Ice cream ♥️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Says this when Bank of America stadium had 90k for the inaugual Charlotte FC game. A team that failed to make the playoff.

One game managed to attract 90k middle-aged dads that, for some reason, love the shit out of soccer.

Doesn't mean shit to me, soccer is boring as hell

Sep 19, 2008
Also using MLS is a bad example. MLS has gone through a significant rise under Garber. Clubs like Austin FC and Nashville are very popular.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I tried to watch one Charlotte FC game, just to watch one team waste a whole bunch of time faking injuries and doing the slowest substitutions possible, only because Charlotte brought the score within one.

That blatant unsportsmanlike bullshit killed any interest I had in watching.

Just faff around and avoid playing the f***ing game is a viable strategy, what a joke of a sport.

Sep 19, 2008
Cooking is dumb. I have a pack of sausage that I need to cook by 12/19 or it'll expire. So now I'm pretty much forced to cook it today. Why can't I just leave it in the fridge for 2 weeks? Why do expiration dates exist?

I tried to watch one Charlotte FC game, just to watch one team waste a whole bunch of time faking injuries and doing the slowest substitutions possible, only because Charlotte brought the score within one.

That unsportsmanlike bullshit killed any interest I had in watching. I'd rather watch paint dry
Funny story actually their coach just trashed the entire front office and they canned him like 6 games in. He went full heel

Just faff around and avoid playing the f***ing game is a viable strategy, what a joke of a sport.
Sounds like you need to watch women's soccer.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Cooking is dumb. I have a pack of sausage that I need to cook by 12/19 or it'll expire. So now I'm pretty much forced to cook it today. Why can't I just leave it in the fridge for 2 weeks? Why do expiration dates exist?

Lirl, you know you can freeze food, right?

Especially on meats, they'll give a cook or freeze by date.

Sep 19, 2008
hurr durr soccer bad

team comes back from 0-2 down in 3 minutes

Lirl, you know you can freeze food, right?

Especially on meats, they'll give a cook or freeze by date.
Yeah I froze my other log of sausage. But then I have to f***ing defrost and shit.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
hurr durr soccer bad

team comes back from 0-2 down in 3 minutes

Why didn't the leading team just fake some injuries, make a bunch of subs at a glacial pace, and pull some other bullshit to run out the clock once the other team scored?

Seeing as it's a legit strategy, I chalk that up to bad coaching.

If you're not willing to turn the game into an absolute farce, I guess you just don't want to win all that much.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I still remember my travel soccer team growing up, the coach's son would "get injured" in the second half of literally every game we played.

Our middle school coach was, yet again, a clueless parent of one of the players, who was a bitchy ballhog that no one liked, but of course got the most playing time.

Then we get to high school and realize that we learned f***ing nothing from those stupid idiots that set us up to fail.

Makes me want to coach youth soccer just to give them kids a coach that has a semblance of a f***ing clue.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I still remember my travel soccer team growing up, the coach's son would "get injured" in the second half of literally every game we played.

Then we get to middle school and realize that coach was f***ing terrible, taught us nothing, and set us up to fail.
lol

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

That's why I hate soccer, so many coaches that didn't know jack shit and had their own agendas, up until we're in over our heads on the JV team, while our varsity team is talking shit about us to our own coaches during a f***ing game.

Asshole, we're on the same team. If we suck so much, why don't you try to help us, you f***ing dick

Sep 19, 2008
Too busy have to go to costco

FOX went straight to football after it's like bitch I don't care about the Bears and Eagles I need GLOVES

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
hurr durr soccer sux

Wait a gosh darn minute. They ended the World Cup with a f***ing shootout?

michael-irvin-laugh.gif

Holy shit, what a complete joke

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

If El Presidente says Mario is brilliant, who are you to argue @John Price ? :laugh:

And while you keep defending the "beautiful game" of soccer :rolleyes: Please be consistent and tell us how you think Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final should end in a shootout. And how someone who hates Crosby cuz he dives can love a game where diving and faking injuries is part of the strategy. I'll wait.

#SoccerSux

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad