WC: USA Roster

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kessel played through a pretty significant injury. Either wrist or shoulder. Guentzel and Dumoulin should be good and probably will accept
I say go all in on offense, Pavelski and Guentzel!!

Its not like one guy is going to make or break this crew on d, maybe McAvoy but I doubt he comes with his injuries this year...

Just ride what we have at defense, and make this offense elite - Come on Joe Pa and Jake the Snake!!!

Reactions: Retroglyphs

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Good to see on Twitter, some of the Panthers at the Kentucky Derby all decked out in 1930-40's clothes... Glad Trocheck, Yandle, and Bjugstad had such important events to not represent their country, watching horses run around in their own **** obviously more important than playing for your country.

Trocheck, Bjugstad, and Yandle - **** you!!! hahaha

Are we sure Bjugstad was offered???

I get being angry with some of these guys, I don't think it is particularly productive at times. But we need to make sure they actually were offered. Last I heard Bjugstad was hoping to be offered a spot on the team.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Are we sure Bjugstad was offered???

I get being angry with some of these guys, I don't think it is particularly productive at times. But we need to make sure they actually were offered. Last I heard Bjugstad was hoping to be offered a spot on the team.
as Bonney famously states, seems a company line some of these guys say once their season ends...we brought Brian Gibbons and Blake Coleman here, I am 100% positive Bjugstad was asked at some point since he came last year..he might not have been asked right that day when he stated that, but no way USA Hockey didn't reach out to him...only my opinion, but I think we have seen this stuff prior year after year to know that USA Hockey asks everyone lol!

and to be fair I was just being an ass, I don't hate any of these guys...well Trocheck is approaching Umberger territory for me. these guys have lives I get that, but damn, you turn down playing for your country and all of them are taking pictures trying to look cool at a horse race while all 3 could be helping us against Germany...frustrating is all.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How has Butcher been?
really strong on the point for power plays, had a few hiccups here or there, but his skating has been great, outlet passing very crisp and nice..he runs the point on that #1 pp unit..kid has looked good being used in the right ways as well. I am coming away more and more impressed with him when I never was a big fan of his back in college lol!! you got me Will, hahaha!!!

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
looks like Schneider had surgery and will be out 5 months...easily explains him not coming or if there was a chance for him to come that is why he couldn't.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I dunno I just think it’s great the guys who come. It’s not a prestigious tournament for us and so everyone who goes you know cares. Or at least wants a free European vacation but since it’s in effing herning this year lol we know they all want to play hockey

Reactions: AmericanDream

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
really strong on the point for power plays, had a few hiccups here or there, but his skating has been great, outlet passing very crisp and nice..he runs the point on that #1 pp unit..kid has looked good being used in the right ways as well. I am coming away more and more impressed with him when I never was a big fan of his back in college lol!! you got me Will, hahaha!!!

Neither were the Avs lol

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Good to see on Twitter, some of the Panthers at the Kentucky Derby all decked out in 1930-40's clothes... Glad Trocheck, Yandle, and Bjugstad had such important events to not represent their country, watching horses run around in their own **** obviously more important than playing for your country.

Trocheck, Bjugstad, and Yandle - **** you!!! hahaha
Salt for being 1 point out of Playoffs maybe. They had a great run down the stretch, but so did the Devils, except they didnt suck at the start of the year like Florida did

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
How come no word on any Penguins or Sharks players coming? No interest? Or just waiting for the Jets/Preds to be decided?

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
That's a game-changer and we still have one more spot right? I wonder if this helps us fill that spot with another big name.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ferraro said they are waiting on the Jets/Preds to name the last player- likely Kyle Connor they are waiting on...if it is between him and Guentzel...I just say go with Jake the Snake and get him here asap!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Will this mean Hughes becomes 8th D
you would think he was told this, that he would get some playing time until the roster is filled out...I would like to see him stick, but unless they plan on sitting Jensen or Pionk, I think he is the odd man out...doubt they sit Oesterle in favor of Hughes since he and Murphy play together at times...who knows, just excited to get a legit #1 dman here for this team. Have to me favorites for a medal now.

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
I could see them looking to add Wheeler, Kyle Connor or Nick Bonino from Preds. They are kind of desperated for another quality center. But if Wheeler was available then you should just add him. He played center once Scheifele was injured.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I could see them looking to add Wheeler, Kyle Connor or Nick Bonino from Preds. They are kind of desperated for another quality center. But if Wheeler was available then you should just add him. He played center once Scheifele was injured.
I doubt anyone over the age of 26 is coming at this point- outside of Kane this team is just young...I think it comes down to Connor and Guentzel right now..God only knows but I am sure we would have heard about Pavelski, he did a ton of interviews and said nothing - so my gut tells me if Jets lose it is on Connor to come as Wheeler likely says he is tired as an older player..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad