WC: USA Roster

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I doubt anyone over the age of 26 is coming at this point- outside of Kane this team is just young...I think it comes down to Connor and Guentzel right now..God only knows but I am sure we would have heard about Pavelski, he did a ton of interviews and said nothing - so my gut tells me if Jets lose it is on Connor to come as Wheeler likely says he is tired as an older player..

Wheeler might like the idea to come over though. He played in Munich during the lockout 2012/13. No matter who comes, it'll be an awesome addition.

Reactions: AmericanDream

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Pretty mediocre performance today. Getting McAvoy will be big just to have a skilled defenseman. So many times today and in other games in the tournament their defensemen have missed the net repeatedly or mishandled the puck that ended their cycle and let to a rush the other way. He’ll help with creating longer shifts in the offensive zone and thus getting a lot more shots on net

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
USA was terrible today. Two points so i'm not worried but tomorrow i want to see at least 10-0 victory.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
you would think he was told this, that he would get some playing time until the roster is filled out...I would like to see him stick, but unless they plan on sitting Jensen or Pionk, I think he is the odd man out...doubt they sit Oesterle in favor of Hughes since he and Murphy play together at times...who knows, just excited to get a legit #1 dman here for this team. Have to me favorites for a medal now.

Pionk has played well. He shouldn't be sitting. Murphy has sucked, looks like a plug. I'd probably sit Jensen first, but Blashill is the coach, so I doubt he sits his own player.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Pionk has played well. He shouldn't be sitting. Murphy has sucked, looks like a plug. I'd probably sit Jensen first, but Blashill is the coach, so I doubt he sits his own player.

I thought Murphy has been solid, he has saved this teams ass more times than I can count breaking up odd man rushes...he has done well at the point, hitting a number of posts but doing well getting shots through, he has thrown some of the biggest hits in the tournament as well..not sure what you are seeing with Murphy as I only recall 2 gaffes he had this tournament so far..outside of that he has been a most pleasant surprise IMO...Reid and Ferraro have called him Team USA's best defensemen so far, and I absolutely agree.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought Murphy has been solid, he has saved this teams ass more times than I can count breaking up odd man rushes...he has done well at the point, hitting a number of posts but doing well getting shots through, he has thrown some of the biggest hits in the tournament as well..not sure what you are seeing with Murphy as I only recall 2 gaffes he had this tournament so far..outside of that he has been a most pleasant surprise IMO...Reid and Ferraro have called him Team USA's best defensemen so far, and I absolutely agree.

I didn't watch today, but the first few games I haven't liked Murphy's play. Maybe I don't want him play normally, and thats his usual play. I don't know exactly, but thats not a player I want getting big minutes for this team.

Oesterle and Pionk are playing way too little already. I don't want their playing time reduced anymore than it already is. Like I said, Blashill playing his own player Jensen is the biggest problem here. I'd have no problem with Murphy as the #6.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn't watch today, but the first few games I haven't like Murphy's play. Maybe I don't want him play normally, and thats his usual play. I don't know exactly, but thats not a player I want getting big minutes for this team.
he had a bad year this year, no doubt for the Hawks. but he has looked solid this tournament, and everyone I have heard from or talked to has agreed...he has been steady and solid in his own end and has contributed some offense as well. he shouldn't be a top pair guy here, he simply was by default...but he is a solid 2nd pair dman right now with McAvoy here, he has done well is all I am saying!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This has not been the case at all, imo. Most that I have seen or heard have said the opposite.

Edit: I am not saying he has been perfect but from what I have seen and the reviews from analyst I have heard are saying the opposite of what you are saying.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Hmmm so Preds are out. Not sure what forwards we might want from them.

Still with my friend here and hoping for Guentzel

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
Hmmm so Preds are out. Not sure what forwards we might want from them.

Still with my friend here and hoping for Guentzel

Austin Watson would have been an option at center but his wife gave birth last month so pretty sure he will stay home (understandably). Bonino and Smith are the other options. Smith is a good player but he doesn't help with our hole at center.

Would be good if he came though, might push Thompson out of the lineup at RW. I have not been impressed by his play so far.

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
I am confused...he has been on the roster the whole time right??? I hope this doesn't take that 1 spot that we had left

He wasn't on the official roster but he has been in Denmark with the team since the start of the tournament. USAH hadn't registered him. He might dress instead of Kinkaid today.

We still have 1 forward spot as goalies are capped at 3 anyways.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He wasn't on the official roster but he has been in Denmark with the team since the start of the tournament. USAH hadn't registered him. He might dress instead of Kinkaid today.

We still have 1 forward spot as goalies are capped at 3 anyways.
figured that was the case, but it is USA Hockey so I was already thinking negative that nobody else is coming, but here comes Charlie Lindgren to never see the ice!!!! hahaha

Reactions: Xokkeu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->