Olympics: USA Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Donato and Terry continue to show up. O’Neill’s been our best forward outside of those two. Nice to see some vets chip in. Defense collectively had their best game. Limited turnovers and advanced the puck well. Zapolski not tested much but settled down after the first where he was fighting it a bit.

Just keep winning.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
okay, so who the hell do the Czechs have??? I know they have Erat..

I hardly recognize any of them. The few I do it's from their worlds rosters or dometic guys from past few olympics like Roman Cervenka. 16 KHL guys. Other than Erat only like four have played more than half an NHL season. Michal Jordan, Roman Horak, Michal Repik, Jiri Sekac

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I hardly recognize any of them. The few I do it's from their worlds rosters or dometic guys from past few olympics like Roman Cervenka. 16 KHL guys. Other than Erat only like four have played more than half an NHL season. Michal Jordan, Roman Horak, Michal Repik, Jiri Sekac

yeah looked it up as well, they are beatable, their roster looks like ours...journeymen

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
They looked like a team tonight. This extra game was needed, crazy as it sounds, and out of the four teams that got buys, Czechs are the one we have best odds against. Excited for tomorrow! They played (easily) their best, most fluid game together tonight.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
A quarterfinal appearance was my baseline level of success. Ie avoid embarrassment. I genuinely thought after the Slovenia game we could go 0-4

Same here. If we can beat the Czechs and get into the top 4 that's a great tournament from this team. With the flops we've had at Sochi and in the World Cup, I would've just hoped for a bronze if the NHLers were there

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
You guys beat Russia so..........

... so it was a total flash-in-the-pan. :eviltongu With the natural-born Arrogance of the Great, also typical of Americans or Canadians, not just Russians, the Russians totally underestimated us in that first game. They basically expected us to fall over all by ourselves, awe-struck by the greatness of the names in the Russian line-up. Specifically, analysts noted that Russians were too lazy and couldn't be bothered to defend the neutral zone against Slovaks, and they let them roam there freely at will, which resulted in 2 Slovak goals from counter-attacks in 3 minutes, among other things, basically lucky goals resulting from our opponent's gross negligence rather than our skill.

As soon as Slovakia's opponents clogged up the neutral zone, notably the Americans in both games, Slovakia was exposed as helpless and harmless, merely bumbling along the ice, a third-rate opponent in every sense of the word. You'd do well to totally disregard last night's game in judging the US prospects in later play-off stages.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You guys will play the czechs right?

If their game against us is any indication you have a real test on your hands, they played real good team defense, were physical and their goalie was rock solid, he covers a lot of net. I think they actually have a shot at taking gold here from what I've seen of them.

That will be a tough game.

Reactions: jasonr90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad