OT: USA Olympic Camp Invitees Announced

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Just skate off Tim, no worries.

must not have cared here either

and he definitely didn't care during this season

As for the G position, my guess is the three are Miller, Quick, Schneider, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Howard unseat any of the three. Frankly, as for the starter, I'd say wait and see who's playing best at the time, could be any of those four. When do the final rosters get set?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
As for the G position, my guess is the three are Miller, Quick, Schneider, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Howard unseat any of the three. Frankly, as for the starter, I'd say wait and see who's playing best at the time, could be any of those four. When do the final rosters get set?
They announced the US team after the Winter Classic in 2010. Miller was playing lights out at that point and was named the starter. Thomas and Quick were #2 and #3 respectively.

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
They announced the US team after the Winter Classic in 2010. Miller was playing lights out at that point and was named the starter. Thomas and Quick were #2 and #3 respectively.

Thanks. Plenty of time to see who looks best. Really a deep group we got.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
If Miller is the starting goalie I hope Lucic makes team Canada, runs him and then proceeds to teabag him.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
must not have cared here either

and he definitely didn't care during this season

Scott ****ing Walker :rant::rant::rant::rant:

I don't even remember who he was and I sure as hell didn't know then :rant:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jonathan Quick is the best goalie in the world right now.

Quick is as good as it gets- the USA has enough talent to win any game; they can avoid to the super star approach and actually dress a gritty but skilled bottom 6; like the defense....sleepah team that can come back with gold, Jerry, gold!!!

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I bet 95% of North American hockey players think the Stanley Cup is the bigger prize than Olympic Gold. To suggest Quick has a lot left to prove about playing under pressure baffles me.

Also, Jimmy Howard has had a much better career than Corey Schneider.

All Canadian hockey players know that the biggest Prize in ANY sport is to represent your country and play for the gold.

I can't speak for Americans but 95% may be off some.
I do agree that Quick knows pressure because the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports.

It's imbedded into us Canadians the pride to represent the country we love so much. It's not the name on the back of our jerseys it's the crest in the front!

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
US hockey is doing a presser right now discussing camp....I should probably get back to something resembling work, but Russo has a few items to impart from the presser.....

@Russostrib: Team USA not going on ice during orientation camp due to insurance costs; team will largely be chosen by evaluating regular season play

@Russostrib: US camp will be about registering for Olympics, doping program, getting all administrative work done, meeting the coaches, team bonding

@Russostrib: Jim Johannson says US jersey unveiled the morning of August 27

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
How many North American hockey players, when they are kids, pretend to score the Gold Medal winning goal versus the Stanley Cup winning goal?

I am not suggesting that any American or Canadian hockey player doesn't care about representing their country and winning that medal, just that it ranks second on the list of greatest achievements.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
How many North American hockey players, when they are kids, pretend to score the Gold Medal winning goal versus the Stanley Cup winning goal?

I am not suggesting that any American or Canadian hockey player doesn't care about representing their country and winning that medal, just that it ranks second on the list of greatest achievements.

I disagree 100% if you have ever watched any interviews with players during or after the Olympics you would have heard all the Canadians say this is the biggest and most important thing in there career.
The reason they dream of scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal is because, like I stated its the hardest Trophy to win in all sports.

But it ain't GOLD!

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010

I disagree 100% if you have ever watched any interviews with players during or after the Olympics you would have heard all the Canadians say this is the biggest and most important thing in there career.
The reason they dream of scoring the Stanley Cup winning goal is because, like I stated its the hardest Trophy to win in all sports.

But it ain't GOLD!

Not sure what part of Canada you are from but as a kid growing up playing hockey and watching my 2 kids grow up playing hockey even with our own backyard rink and all the neighbor kids hanging out I don't ever recall anyone ever , ever , pretending to score a olympic goal, it was always scoring that OT Stanley Cup winning goal ... over and over and over again !

cashman rules*

Hey you guys want the pylon out of toronto..you can have him for free because we don't want him up here:laugh:(won't make the team anyways).

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Not sure what part of Canada you are from but as a kid growing up playing hockey and watching my 2 kids grow up playing hockey even with our own backyard rink and all the neighbor kids hanging out I don't ever recall anyone ever , ever , pretending to score a olympic goal, it was always scoring that OT Stanley Cup winning goal ... over and over and over again !

I can't believe anyone would possibly think that the Stanley cup is more import and cared about more than playing for ur country in the Olympic Games...
I can't be the only sane person here who has heard all the interviews from all the superstars stating this is more important, to them and there country....
Has patriotism gone out the window for a league?
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my bruins but they don't even come close to how much I love Canada!
I have said it twice already, Stanley cup is the hardest trophy to win. That dosent mean its the most important....
I've played and have a child who plays and he like I have dreamed about winning the Stanley cup but again it's not more important than winning Gold!
Olympics are every 4 years not every year making it that much more important.
I can't pretend to down play the Stanley Cup because I've dream but I would give up the Stanley cup to hear O Canada play at the end of the Olympic tournament.
It actually hurts to have to defend this and I am actually embarrassed any Canadian would state otherwise....
Shame on U!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I can't believe anyone would possibly think that the Stanley cup is more import and cared about more than playing for ur country in the Olympic Games...
I can't be the only sane person here who has heard all the interviews from all the superstars stating this is more important, to them and there country....
Has patriotism gone out the window for a league?
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my bruins but they don't even come close to how much I love Canada!
I have said it twice already, Stanley cup is the hardest trophy to win. That dosent mean its the most important....
I've played and have a child who plays and he like I have dreamed about winning the Stanley cup but again it's not more important than winning Gold!
Olympics are every 4 years not every year making it that much more important.
I can't pretend to down play the Stanley Cup because I've dream but I would give up the Stanley cup to hear O Canada play at the end of the Olympic tournament.
It actually hurts to have to defend this and I am actually embarrassed any Canadian would state otherwise....
Shame on U!

BTown, you are going to HATE this link.

http://nesn.com/2011/06/patrice-bergeron-apologizes-to-canada-says-stanley-cup-means-more-than-gold-medal/

Feel free to trade Bergeron to America.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
As a Canadian ... Bruins Cup meant more to me than 2010 Gold. Both were awesome, but the Cup was more special from a fan persepective for me.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
I would venture to guess Jumbo Joe would give up his gold for a Stanley Cup to, and it has nothing to do with loving your country, we are talking hockey here, the history of the Stanley Cup in Canada outweighs the olympics or WC any day of the week. The hockey is much more exciting, the only games that really get Canadians attention is when we play the Russians and that goes a long way back. Though those series have pretty much gone downhill since 72. And lately when we play the USA.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I was looking at the NHL board a couple of minutes ago and there was a thread "Hypothetical: "No olympics for me, I need the break."
I guess I am in the minority thinking ur National team comes first.
It blew my mind for thinking anyone would say otherwise, but I can clearly see the majority disagree with me.
My friends and I wake up earlier or stay up late to watch team Canada play.
The IIHF last year had some weird hours but we filled a house full of team Canada Jerseys and watched the game.
We get to together once and a while for some games but Team Canada is a bond us canadian hockey fans share.
I'm just a broken and sad patriotic fool I guess.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
As a Canadian ... Bruins Cup meant more to me than 2010 Gold. Both were awesome, but the Cup was more special from a fan persepective for me.

39 years is a long time to wait, I know....
Imagine Canada hadn't won it in that long? Think of how craZy that would have been.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad