OT: USA Olympic Camp Invitees Announced

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
In an interview on Minneapolis/St. Paul's KFAN, Wild Forward Zach Parise said that he's received an invite to the Olympic summer camp....not that the news should come as a surprise.

@Russostrib: Big scoop from Zach Parise: He got a text from USA Hockey that he's been invited to Olympic summer camp. #shocker #mnwild

Russo also reported that the announcement of invitees will be announced later today.

@Russostrib: USA Hockey calling Olympic camp invitees this morning and then will announce later today. #mnwild.

EDIT: Invite list below.
tenders_zps8e9eecd7.png

D_zps9c99047e.png

F_zps48f0ed11.png

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

Fingers crossed that Miller, Kesler and Callahan don't get invited.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Parise-Kesler-Kane
Ryan-Stepan-Kessel
Brown-Backes-Oshie
Pacioretty-Pavelski-Callahan
Stastny

Suter-McDonagh
Yandle-Shattenkirk
Martin-Faulk
J. Johnson

Quick
Howard
Schneider

There are a lot of quality defensemen to consider and there will be a lot of tough decisions. I think the forwards are fairly easy to sort out for the most part.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
USA team will need its best forwards to put up points. Parise, Kesler, Kane, Kessel, Ryan should be most of the top 2 lines if those guys play well we can win Gold. Especially Kesler and Parise.

Our D and goalies are solid.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Incoming Thomas fanboys surprised he didn't get an invite.

I see the US team finishing 3rd or 4th.

Not a Thomas fan boy but other than Quick none of the goalies are anything special. Gibson is still young and might be good someday but Anderson and Miller are trash.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
This.

Wouldn't have hated Timmy getting a shot in camp, but barring injury Quick will play all the minutes anyway.

I think Timmy is done..I love they guy and everything, but he threw in the towel and did not give a crap in the 2012 playoffs...the old Tim would have freaked out after being interfered with / scored on in OT of game 7 versus the Caps, but he had his cup by then.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think Timmy is done..I love they guy and everything, but he threw in the towel and did not give a crap in the 2012 playoffs...the old Tim would have freaked out after being interfered with / scored on in OT of game 7 versus the Caps, but he had his cup by then.

I just fixed the hyperbole machine! Like 2 minutes ago!

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
Knight should get the 3rd line RW spot.

If this wasn't the Bruins thread I'd have no doubt you meant to put this :sarcasm:n the great Jared Knight he's the real Yeti!

I always wished the B's would go after Stastny.

Team USA looking pretty good. I'm sure they'll get underrated again. Charlie Coyle or Alex Galchenyuk should be on the radar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad