Post-Game Talk: Us versus them (or is it us vs us?)-7:00 PM-5/9-Their House

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Just realized that without Weegar stumble in game 1 we would probably be leading 3-1

Well I guess being in tough places can boost their success in coming games and hopefully series. Winning the cup was never going to be a walk in the park

Caps are teaching the Panthers how to win. Need them to be fast learners right now.

I really think Verhaeghe needs power play time if Duke is going to be that hesitant to shoot or do anything.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I was watching this Capital fan on youtube and right at the end he said in a smirky way “ We’ll we won’t have to worry about playing away, the Panther fans are quiet. “ What he failed to bring up is we have the best regular season home record. And actually I was almost shocked that they beat us in the first game. We destroyed them in the 2nd game in typical fashion at home but he must have missed that too.
Also in my opinion the Cap fans are good but the loudest fans by far are the Carolina Hurricane fans.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Our crowd is pretty loud. Get this: Crapital fan.
When the Panthers are on their game our fans are really loud I think tommorrow they are going to ratchet up the LETS GO PANTHERS chant. I think our fans take some of the over physicality of the Caps personal. Plus it’s a critical game. Would love to be there tommorrow it should be electric.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
When the Panthers are on their game our fans are really loud I think tommorrow they are going to ratchet up the LETS GO PANTHERS chant. I think our fans take some of the over physicality of the Caps personal. Plus it’s a critical game. Would love to be there tommorrow it should be electric.

I'm gonna be there and I'm coming home without a voice. Book it.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I'm gonna be there and I'm coming home without a voice. Book it.
I like that reminds me when I was young we didn’t have Hockey but I love the Miami Hurricanes and in big games I never had a voice left. I say you have to play the game in the stands and do your part and create chaotic loudness which we had in abundance…. we were intimidating ,we need that tommorrow.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I like that reminds me when I was young we didn’t have Hockey but I love the Miami Hurricanes and in big games I never had a voice left. I say you have to play the game in the stands and do your part and create chaotic loudness which we had in abundance…. we were intimidating ,we need that tommorrow.

Orange Bowl crowds were legitimately the loudest in the history of US Pro/Collegiate Sports. Few people appreciate this today.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I’m against muting people or censor them.

Don’t remember insulting you, and it is never personal, I generally get on the « group »…
Not me personally. But when you insult the "group" it's pretty clear who you're reffering to.

I just don't think you've handled it in the best manner is all.. the users posting their negative opinions usually just leave it at that and don't insult the hockey knowledge of posters with different opinions.

Being objective means you watch every facets of that game.

You said the first was pathetic, it means that if our team was pathetic, the Caps must have been such a beast. Or there were two pathetic teams on the ice ? Dominating through the whole game, to me, means we were the better team for the whole game. Like you, I didn’t thought we were pretty great in the first, but we were still better than Washington.

To me a dominating performance is how we played during the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 2 were we maintained possession throughout while getting into high danger areas.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Washington wasn't great but at least they created some offense and had some shots on net. We had trouble getting anything going imo.
The second wasn’t that much better, but we were still the better team IMO.

Not sure, I believe it was this period that Washington had a few breakaways Bobrovsky had to bail us out on, despite the amount of time we maintained possession simply by being on the powerplay. Usually, Im more scared of a breakaway opportunity than a perimeter one timer from the powerplay, and it was especially the case here since we couldnt seem to hit the net half the time. Neither team had much going for them EV.

And in the third ? We clearly outclassed them… And guess what, it was because after calling every pathetic calls possible in the first period and the second, zebras took their whistle and put it in their pocket.

I agree, especially as the period went on.

When both teams were allowed to have some rhythm and flow, Caps were no match for us… Yet we still nearly fell because of that missed call.

Having a badly officiated game, that takes away the tempo of both teams on the ice, it can impact greatly what your eyes see.

But since it’s still two teams battling each other, you have to measure the performance compared to the other team.

And last night, the Caps were never a treat or better than us.

Agree to disagree on the last part but definitely agree with the rest. The officiating was terrible this game, for both teams imo.. 4 straight powerplays for us is also a lucky break if we are being honest. There was a missed high stick on Hornqvist that wasn't called at the same time a high stick on our player was called, and I'm sure there's more.
Pretty sure every stats or experts showed that. Were we great ? Nope. Still the much better team though.

Havent checked the team stats but I don't usually if I'm watching the game. Again, maybe im wrong but its just what I saw. As to whether my eyes need to be checked? Well, I was supposed to see an optometrist a while back..
Like others have said, people act like our players are machines and other teams are pee-wee… People don’t understand how challenging the NHL is, and how difficult the sports of hockey is. I’ve basically never ever seen a comment like « what an amazing goal by Ovechkin » or something like that, we always get the « what a dumb-ass play that was by Gudas »… And I don’t get that mentality
Sometimes other teams/players can be good and make great plays, yet we rarely ever acknowledge that. That’s pretty insulting to the game of hockey. And that’s probably why I insult back…
Agreed but I've seen this on most GDTs of other teams. the GDTs in the Playoffs section are much better in this regard. More neutrality but less passionate in a positive or negative manner.

Being pessimistic is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than being negative. And the negativity around here is really tiresome, even moreso after an incredible and record-setting year. I know we’ve been disappointed in this team before. But the beauty of sports is that every year it’s a fresh start and you get another crack at it.

Judging, insulting and abandoning this team because of teams not handled by Zito, with Yandle on it or Weiss… It’s just plain dumb.

That’s all.

Agreed, even though I can admittedly be a downer myself
And if they fail once again next year, you can enjoy the year after when they’ll come back. But if you can’t enjoy that team anymore and just follow them because you’ve been invested in them for so many years. People can ignore them.

Instead of coming on Fans boards, and being negative, and asking posters who want to enjoy their team to just push the ignore button.

It’s a two-way street.
To finish… Not at the highest point in my life, and that may explain why I’ve got a shorter leash this year and this playoffs… But the world is much better when people who are part of a community act like a family, instead of claiming to be one but trashing it.

You don’t chose family, I didn’t chose to be part of the community of Panthers fans…

But « blood is blood », so I’ll always stand behind our Gatos or our members.

Doesn’t mean I can’t be the grumpy dad/uncle from time to time. Atleast, I acknowledge when I go overboard or am wrong. And I’ve never had a problem doing that.
To be clear, I like your posts and it's refreshing to see someone more optimistic even when things go to shit during the GDTs. I suggested the ignore button because it would be unfortunate if you left because of some of us.

Edit: if I bracket posts like this do they receive multiple notifications foe that one post?

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Orange Bowl crowds were legitimately the loudest in the history of US Pro/Collegiate Sports. Few people appreciate this today.
The U won 58 home games in a row a record. And the Dolphins in the 70’s crowds were great part of that was the venue the stands were all metal and the stadium rocked and rattled.
And when the Panthers played at Miami Arena it wasn’t big but the noise was deafening plus the whole rat thing created it’s own atmosphere.. In those days they threw the rats after every goal.. crazy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad