Tennis: US Open 2023

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Six games, I.e. one full set, worth of forehand unforced errors on Sabalenka's part.

Meanwhile, only one forehand error from Gauff in the last nine games

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sabalenka getting no free points from anywhere, and she is just too brittle to put a run together on her own.

Reactions: Filppula

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Yeah Coco!! Man she was getting to every single ball today, she really made Aryna put some extra pace/spin on the ball, hence the surfeit of unforced error. Women's tennis has a new superstar and face of the game!

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1694342468480.png

Although Novak is the new and improved android model Llendl 2.0 I feel Medvedev will prevail.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hope it is a good one.

Carlos didn't serve all that well and he returned surprisingly poorly most of his match against Daniil--Nole isn't going to do that. And Nole can do well what Carlos did very well which is rush the net and take advantage of Daniil's extreme return positions. If he can't get Djokovic to grind most of the time, and he probably can't, I don't know what other path Medvedev has. Novak in four sets.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Who are the fans going to be supporting in this one? Normally they're both the villains in their own matches.

Last edited:

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
HERE WE GO!!!

I hope I can stay awake for this one; after all, it is 11.00 P.M. in Finland. I only managed to catch the third set of the women's final, where Sabalenka sucked (what a one-dimensional player!).

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the previous matches in the tournament, so also because of that it's hard to make a prediction; I just hope Medvedev will win (23 Grand Slams is enough for you ND).

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It seems like they are both executing their game plans very well. Nole is almost flawless, but Daniil is beginning to wear him down.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
2—0 for Djokovic. Anyone betting on Medvedev winning the game anymore?

M. has just let D. dictate the play; he should have played more aggressively. Too late, too late.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I stand corrected. So no changing of the guard just yet. Nole remains king. I think that second set was one of his gutsiest ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad