Injury Report: Updates in Post #1: Crosby (jaw) | Martin (hand) 4-6 weeks | Letang (toe) 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
LOL at the Post Gazette... couldnt get any official word on Crosby's injury so they did a whole story using a random doctor from a rival hospital on what his condition may be... Seriously.. until we actually have facts we cant extrapolate anything about the timetable for his return. It could be next week, it could be the first round... who knows outside of the Pens, Sid, and his doctors...

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
LOL at the Post Gazette... couldnt get any official word on Crosby's injury so they did a whole story using a random doctor from a rival hospital on what his condition may be... Seriously.. until we actually have facts we cant extrapolate anything about the timetable for his return. It could be next week, it could be the first round... who knows outside of the Pens, Sid, and his doctors...

His testimony would hold up in court, so it's good enough for me.

nTsplnk*

Boy people on here are touchy. On one hand everyone wants constant updates and eat up any link that has anything to do with it.

Then they bash them for speculation. This article was a fantastic read-and we know Crosby didn't have his jaw wired shut. I learned a lot from it even if it turns out to be a different case.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not that worried about Crosby. Some may be worried about his stats, but I never much cared for those things. I'm confident he will be back for when it matters.

I don't have any evidence to go on, except Crosby's toughness and Anquan Boldin. Boldin took a full speed hit to the jaw when Eric Smith put his helmet under his face mask. Boldin was knocked out and had to have seven plates and over forty screws to put his broken face back together. He also had to have his jaw wired shut to realign his bite because it was off so badly. The hit and injury was so gruesome, Kurt Warner considered retirement because of it.

Boldin missed two games and had nine or ten catches in the game he returned. Later that season he had 12 or 13 catches for almost 200 yards agt the Hawks and another 11 catch game as well. He still finished with 1000 yards rec on the year.

Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt Crosby's face exploded like Boldin's did. Boldin is tough cat, but so is Crosby.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I hope he heals fast. The streak all of a sudden isn't as fun or important to the fans now

Isn't fun?

We get to watch Malkin with Iggy. The team is going for an all time winning streak record AND shutout record. The PG even said BB is expected back Wed. We get to see TK center the first line. C'mon now... Isn't fun? Wha?

This team is used to its stars going down, especially Crosby. It builds character and resolve.

Lemieux was always getting hurt, fell ill, etc. Those teams kept winning. When Lemieux broke his wrist agt the Rags Stevens said **** that we are winning this series and the team reeled of eleven straight wins to grab their second cup.

This team will do the same and slowly the smirks on the faces of the people who were happy to see Crosby get his jaw broken, will fade away into bitterness once again. Crosby will be back in time to hurt those who love to hate him the most.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Isn't fun?

We get to watch Malkin with Iggy. The team is going for an all time winning streak record AND shutout record. The PG even said BB is expected back Wed. We get to see TK center the first line. C'mon now... Isn't fun? Wha?

This team is used to its stars going down, especially Crosby. It builds character and resolve.

Lemieux was always getting hurt, fell ill, etc. Those teams kept winning. When Lemieux broke his wrist agt the Rags Stevens said **** that we are winning this series and the team reeled of eleven straight wins to grab their second cup.

This team will do the same and slowly the smirks on the faces of the people who were happy to see Crosby get his jaw broken, will fade away into bitterness once again. Crosby will be back in time to hurt those who love to hate him the most.

Yeah, I remember times in the 90s (including the Rangers series) where Lemieux wasn't there to save us and we still battled through. I feel this is a great time for the same thing. I liked that example you used, Jiggy.

This is just another step in the quest for the Cup. If anything - tonight's game is more fun. Now our backs are against the wall in terms of the streak. Even though that's not the overall goal, it's a good dramatic storyline for tonight. Can this deep team show up yet again and defy odds without their star? Is it even defying the odds anymore for how resilient this team is?

Man that's enough to get the energy up for tonight's game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm not that worried about Crosby. Some may be worried about his stats, but I never much cared for those things. I'm confident he will be back for when it matters.

I don't have any evidence to go on, except Crosby's toughness and Anquan Boldin. Boldin took a full speed hit to the jaw when Eric Smith put his helmet under his face mask. Boldin was knocked out and had to have seven plates and over forty screws to put his broken face back together. He also had to have his jaw wired shut to realign his bite because it was off so badly. The hit and injury was so gruesome, Kurt Warner considered retirement because of it.

Boldin missed two games and had nine or ten catches in the game he returned. Later that season he had 12 or 13 catches for almost 200 yards agt the Hawks and another 11 catch game as well. He still finished with 1000 yards rec on the year.

Anything is possible, but I seriously doubt Crosby's face exploded like Boldin's did. Boldin is tough cat, but so is Crosby.

The most encouraging thing for me was how he bounced right up after. We've seen what happens to Crosby when he gets his bell rung. He has that look of bewilderment with his eyes squinting etc. usually bending over. None of that was seen Saturday.

As for his jaw. It'll be stronger than before now. Docs just need to make sure no complications arise.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I feel like they'll try to win it for Sid. Maybe they hung a picture of his mangled, bloated face on the bulletin board as inspiration.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The most encouraging thing for me was how he bounced right up after. We've seen what happens to Crosby when he gets his bell rung. He has that look of bewilderment with his eyes squinting etc. usually bending over. None of that was seen Saturday.

As for his jaw. It'll be stronger than before now. Docs just need to make sure no complications arise.

Well like I said there can always be complications and what not, but there is a big difference between getting a puck to the jaw by a deflected slapshot and a helmet to the jaw from a free running, 200 lb safety.

I thought Boldin was done, career wise. If he can come back in two games and play lights out, I have no worries about Crosby being back in time for the playoffs. He just needs to wait for his jaw to heal and not rush back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad