Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
definitely sounds like this one was serious, if they're encouraged by two skates without symptoms

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I’m thinking that this would be the best place to put this. Dejan was on Madden the other day and was asked if he knew anything about Murray’s injury. He said that he had no news on it but that from the hints he is getting it sounds like a bone fracture

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I’m thinking that this would be the best place to put this. Dejan was on Madden the other day and was asked if he knew anything about Murray’s injury. He said that he had no news on it but that from the hints he is getting it sounds like a bone fracture

I just saw that, too. Sounds weird if true. Didn't Sullivan say this was an injury he'd been trying to play through? How can you play through a fracture? I also saw a photo of him on Instagram a couple of days ago and he didn't appear to have a cast.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I just saw that, too. Sounds weird if true. Didn't Sullivan say this was an injury he'd been trying to play through? How can you play through a fracture? I also saw a photo of him on Instagram a couple of days ago and he didn't appear to have a cast.

Know someone who had a shin fracture, it was like a really bad shin splint pain. Were able to do a lot of physical activity for a few weeks before realizing it isn't just a sprain and getting x-rays and told to take it easy for 6 weeks.

Similar?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA

Murray should not be wearing skinny jeans, although on him, they don’t appear as skinny.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I should note that I warned about the long term potential of Murray 2 years ago during the MAF debate. Looking at his body type and his injury history suggested to me that he would eventually have a big fall once his body fully matures.

He is unnaturally skinny, almost in a horse jockey manner. Just my opinion, but I can't see his body type as sustainable for a long career.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I should note that I warned about the long term potential of Murray 2 years ago during the MAF debate. Looking at his body type and his injury history suggested to me that he would eventually have a big fall once his body fully matures.

He is unnaturally skinny, almost in a horse jockey manner. Just my opinion, but I can't see his body type as sustainable for a long career.

Congratulations.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
If I saw Matt Murray on the street as a regular person I'd assume he was 34, not 24.

Dude looks in rough shape. Maybe it's just the hipster style that is in with all these young males now....

Reactions: EightyOne

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
If I saw Matt Murray on the street as a regular person I'd assume he was 34, not 24.

Dude looks in rough shape. Maybe it's just the hipster style that is in with all these young males now....

He looks normal to me, but I do work with college students so I see guys in way rougher shape than him all the time. Anyway, it's good that there's a timetable for his return.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

I have a good friend who broke a bone in her foot hiking this summer, waited a week to get it checked out. Two weeks after that she was back hiking with me in the mountains, just with T3s and beer to numb the pain. It’s possible to not think something is broken and just a bad bruise or sprain. The way he’s been playing something(s) was off. Keep him out until he’s 100% and everything is figured out. Jarry and DeSmith are fine until than.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I have a good friend who broke a bone in her foot hiking this summer, waited a week to get it checked out. Two weeks after that she was back hiking with me in the mountains, just with T3s and beer to numb the pain. It’s possible to not think something is broken and just a bad bruise or sprain. The way he’s been playing something(s) was off. Keep him out until he’s 100% and everything is figured out. Jarry and DeSmith are fine until than.

I broke my foot in college once. Still not sure how it happened. I woke up one morning with what felt like a cramp in my foot, so for a few weeks I'd go on these really long walks and then vigorously massage my foot to try to get the "cramp" out. Eventually my foot swelled up and turned black and blue and it became hard to walk, which is what convinced me to get an X-ray. It took a couple of months for it to heal. Maybe something similar happened to Murray. If it is a broken bone, that's good because it's not season-ending. Weird that it's the second time in his career he's broken a bone and not noticed (the same thing happened with his broken hand at the World Cup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad