Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Letang Out vs CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, the team said it's a lower-body injury. If it's a mental health thing or post-concussion syndrome, they'd come up with a euphemism, not lie about it.
It seems like the team is more shocked by it so no one was really expecting it or knew a damn thing until he told them. Just seems odd since he's barely played as of late and nothing out of practice stuff.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I mean, the team said it's a lower-body injury. If it's a mental health thing or post-concussion syndrome, they'd come up with a euphemism, not lie about it.

They’d probably straight up say it was concussion related. Mental health, idk, but I agree they wouldn’t call it a lower body injury. I’m not sure they can put someone on IR for mental health.

It’s quite a leap to say he was hiding the injury as well. Particularly given the team history of things like Malkin going to the ASG with a groin injury (Malkin’s play injured, miss time, come back early and hobble around routine in general), players returning to play after hitting their head and feeling sick the next day, Letang returning from the knee on knee only to miss the next game, letting someone like Rowney play through his 10th injury of the month, etc. They thought Letang’s neck would be fine close to before he ended up having surgery, too.

You circle around to how injuries are handled rather than he didn’t disclose an injury, or that human bodies can be unpredictable. With Murray they should have been hyper cautious.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Sucks for Murray. I know this is a LBI but in general I hope his mental health is okay. Everything has gone wrong for him lately between his dad passing and injuries. On top of that, the typical PPG Pro-Fleury crowd has given him no love and support. It's honestly not looking like a long term future in Pittsburgh for him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Looks like one of those faces of meth posters.

The Pens are in win-now mode. What do they do? Pick up a veteran goalie and run with 3 goalies, hoping Murray can work his way through it and win back his starter position? I don't want to rely on DeSmith despite how well he's played. You can't just assume Murray can turn it around when he's been getting worse and worse. The fact that he can't stay healthy isn't helping matters any.

I think you take it one game at a time. Right now we've got two back ups who've earned a measure of trust and trading for a veteran would make things complicated. Ride it out the next few games and see where you are.

Also Dipietro was a 1st overall pick, Murray was 4th rounder.

If he retires tomorrow we've already got more than our money's worth out of him.

3rd but yeah.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What happened to Rust? And Hornqvist? And anyone else that got hurt yesterday?

Not sure with Hornqvist. He got hit on the boards but got the puck back and got a shot off. Maybe UBI.

Rust was a leg issue he hobble skated off after getting tangled on the boards.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Sucks for Murray. I know this is a LBI but in general I hope his mental health is okay. Everything has gone wrong for him lately between his dad passing and injuries. On top of that, the typical PPG Pro-Fleury crowd has given him no love and support. It's honestly not looking like a long term future in Pittsburgh for him.

Yup, it's sad. I understand people are frustrated with his play (myself included), but those Fleury maniacs have always hated the guy. Like actually rooting for him to fail. Sad group of people.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why bother to wait for the press conference...I can tell you exactly what Sully’s going to say...I’m a very talented mind reader...either that or his media briefings are so damn predictable...

“Horny’s day to day with a UBI. He won’t be playing tonight”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad