Confirmed with Link: Updated: Devils SIGN Brunner (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's cool to have another random Euro league guy too again, even though we didn't technically sign him like we did Rafalski.

Last one we had was Pikkawhateverhisnameis.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It's cool to have another random Euro league guy too again, even though we didn't technically sign him like we did Rafalski.

oh ya, that guy. he even had his own trading card! :scared:

vli33uSHZOUi.jpg

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Are they that desperate?

I think sending Gionta down makes the most sense, but DeBoer still seems to love him and says he has a spot. I don't get it.

Well as we have seen, Barch isn't the talentless slug of a goon that Janssen is, and I know through Dreger that they were looking for an enforcer even before Gagner got shellacked. Now, it's probably even moreso. Barch is cheap and has 1 year left. A trade would do Barch right by Lou, as well.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Great devils, from 0 to 2 swiss guys in one offseason! That's the way to go :naughty: you have officially a new fan here

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia

Oh I hope Brunner turns out to be young Sykora :nod::nod::nod:

And re: IlkaPikka - just two days ago, my hometeam announced signing H.Pikkarainen, I jumped on thinking we got another ex-Devil (we have Kurtis Foster ... I know :laugh: Well we can't have only J.Cheechoos of the world. Unfortunatelly :D)
Whatever ...

Go Sykkie Lite !!! :yo:

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Schneider has dual citizenship I think.

Exactly. Grandparents were swiss born and raised, while I think for some coincidence both his parents were swiss, but both born in USA and they meet there. I'm not so sure about the mother ()maybe she is half-swiss/Canadian? can't find...), though, but I can't find the interview he has given while he was here during the lock-out. Anyway swiss blood and canadian-american hockey-school....a recipe for wonders B) back in topic, I really have the impression that Brunner is highly motivated. He will do mistakes, he will score some, but in the hand he is very hungry and willing to learn. I hope he turn out well for both him and the devils.

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Exactly. Grandparents were swiss born and raised, while I think for some coincidence both his parents were swiss, but both born in USA and they meet there. I'm not so sure about the mother ()maybe she is half-swiss/Canadian? can't find...), though, but I can't find the interview he has given while he was here during the lock-out. Anyway swiss blood and canadian-american hockey-school....a recipe for wonders B) back in topic, I really have the impression that Brunner is highly motivated. He will do mistakes, he will score some, but in the hand he is very hungry and willing to learn. I hope he turn out well for both him and the devils.

I'll drink to that.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Now if we had only signed Mark Streit, we'd have the entire country rooting for us :)

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA

whaaaaattttt?!?!?! another reason to love this offseason! :handclap: I'm also a dual US-Swiss citizen. My Dad was born in Basel. Now I have to decide between a Schneider or Brunner jersey...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh I hope Brunner turns out to be young Sykora :nod::nod::nod:

And re: IlkaPikka - just two days ago, my hometeam announced signing H.Pikkarainen, I jumped on thinking we got another ex-Devil (we have Kurtis Foster ... I know :laugh: Well we can't have only J.Cheechoos of the world. Unfortunatelly :D)
Whatever ...

Go Sykkie Lite !!! :yo:

If he becomes Diet Sykkie is be thrilled!!

jayenomics

Sep 28, 2013
New Jersey
Bergfors has played 74 KHL regular season games with only 30 points? They don't play defense over there! If you don't average 2+ points a game you're basically worthless...haha

I think Brunner is going to be a steal at 2.5M a year. He's going to score 20+, maybe have 50-60 points if he stays healthy...I really like the depth this year. Yeah we lost our "best player" but we have a lot more depth.

I don't think we'll have as much trouble scoring goals as a lot of people think.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Bergfors has played 74 KHL regular season games with only 30 points? They don't play defense over there! If you don't average 2+ points a game you're basically worthless...haha

I'm sure you're just exaggerating, but in case anyone else doesn't know the KHL, you can be a top 10 player in the league in point getting while averaging under 1 point a game.

For a good example, Jagr was a point a game player his 3 years there and was one of the league top point getters.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

They actually score less over there, not more. There were only 5 players(3 of them NHL guys that came back) with more than a point per game last season, compared to the NHL where you had 16. The bigger rink makes it tougher to get goals, but it's also a much less physical game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad