Confirmed with Link: Updated: Devils SIGN Brunner (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou would not be addressing the media just to say someone's here on a PTO.
When is Lou addressing the media? Chere tweeted 7 minutes ago that Lou was to address the media. Didn't say when though. I'd really like to hear what's going on.

Nevermind. TG already tweeting what Lou is saying.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm guessing Jagr's injury is more serious than they thought.

But.. but.. they said it wasn't a big concern! :sarcasm:

At this point I can't imagine Brunner has any leverage to swing a big deal, bring him in on a cheap contract for a year and I'd be ecstatic. This team is going to have oodles of depth!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It could also be DeBoer went to Lou and said "I need more speed in this lineup," though, who knows. I'm just speculating .

Could be that, maybe Jagr's injury isn't serious, but the fact he already is hurt concerned someone enough to think we need more depth. Factor in age of some other guys, or injury history of others that could be the line of thinking too.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wonder if this offer had been on the table for awhile but Brunner was just holding out for a contract offer from somebody. Probably not a coincidence that Tim Thomas agreed to a PTO with Florida with camps really starting now.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Might come cheaply since there are no real suitors out there any more and Jagr might be hurt. We shall see.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Lou Lamoriello confirms that Damien Brunner will be joining camp as tryout.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Brunner will practice with Devils Tuesday

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
See I knew Lou wouldn't give a multi year deal to Brunner at possibly $2.5-$3 million a year. They probably did really look into him in July when the Swiss beat guy reported it, and that's probably what Brunner was looking for. Brunner probably held out all Summer thinking somebody would bite but nobody did. Probably because of his very limited NHL experience. So here he is now on a camp invite.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I wonder if this offer had been on the table for awhile but Brunner was just holding out for a contract offer from somebody. Probably not a coincidence that Tim Thomas agreed to a PTO with Florida with camps really starting now.
Could be possible, yeah. Would make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad