Boston Bruins UPDATED 12/6 - Looking back at the 2015 Entry Draft and the aftermath

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Let me preface this by saying I think the Bruins should have another cup this past ten years.

being a fan since 79 and remembering 81 on pretty vividly I hate to tell everyone but this was easily the best 15 years I’ve ever seen. The bourque led bruins either choked or didn’t have the fire power to win it all, but they lost to the Oilers and Penguins four times late 80s early 90s. The mid 80s were rough they were always getting bounced. The mid 90s as well. I think they won one playoff series in a decade plus from like 95-07 or something.

I mean as bad as the 2015 draft was they still made a cup four years after that and really should have won…the players and coaching blew that one IMO but I digress.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Lucic wanted to head out West to be closer to home after a family tragedy. I always found it weird to see Bruins fans trying to make mock trades to bring him back when Lucic has made it quite clear he wants to stay out West ( LA, Edmonton, Calgary ) since leaving Boston. Judging by his social media, Looch still has heart strings for Boston so never say never, but it most likely never happens.

I'll be honest, I've never read anywhere where Lucic said he's was leaving Boston at the end of his contract due to family matters. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I've never read a quote from Lucic definitively saying he was gone regardless.

The part I always found strange was that I figured Cam would strongly desire to keep him around and they didn't so maybe he told them he was leaving so they could get something for him now.

But I agree he's never playing in Boston again. And I don't see why he would want to leave Calgary either. Beautiful city and seems like he's valued by his current coaches. His team is doing well. I'm glad he's doing well. After Bergeron he may be my favorite Bruin of the post-Lockout era.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'll be honest, I've never read anywhere where Lucic said he's was leaving Boston at the end of his contract due to family matters. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I've never read a quote from Lucic definitively saying he was gone regardless.

The part I always found strange was that I figured Cam would strongly desire to keep him around and they didn't so maybe he told them he was leaving so they could get something for him now.

But I agree he's never playing in Boston again. And I don't see why he would want to leave Calgary either. Beautiful city and seems like he's valued by his current coaches. His team is doing well. I'm glad he's doing well. After Bergeron he may be my favorite Bruin of the post-Lockout era.

Lucic didn't make it known publicly because of the circumstances.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Lucic didn't make it known publicly because of the circumstances.
Trading Lucic and the haul (on paper) that Sweeney got in return was arguably Sweeney's lone bright spot that weekend. Lucic was dogging it for half of the season and it took playing with Spooner and Pastrnak for him to get his ass in gear. Some GM was going to give him an asinine contract the very next year and he was either going to decline or get fat and happy, and Sweeney wanted no part of that. Ironically, the moron that was responsible for our cap issues signed him to an asinine contract the very next year. :laugh:

Reactions: chizzler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad