News Article: UPDATE (suspended until 1/2/20): Blackhawks investigating allegations against Marc Crawford

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Apparently this Avery allegation isn’t new, someone on the main board said it was in Avery’s memoir?

Hawks are definitely setting themselves up for the “Why’d you even hire him?” media question.

Reactions: Drumman44

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Carcillo was a cheap shot artist, dirty player, scum bag, goon, etc. He is really the last person that should comment on abusing players.

Reactions: ModryJazyk

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
42943241-1148989555267959-1624784435859685376-n.jpg

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm shocked they are investigating this. They knew fully well the type of **** he's done when he was hired. Nothing has come out to push him past being the ******* we already knew he's been.
Few people on this board cared when it was brought up when he was hired. They’re feigning like they care because people decided this is a systemic problem starting about a month ago. It’s very surreal for me.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
How long until they get into players? Remember the stories of Marty Lapointe kicking Havlat's butt? Or Messier in the 80s? Bet that stuff still goes on

Reactions: rkp and ModryJazyk

forecheck

May 14, 2007
This is a witch hunt for all Coaches /Managers who were hard on players... Some of these guys made a lot of money because Coaches like Crawford pushed them to be better.. Suck it up princess's -

NEWSFLASH : Hockey is not for everyone- you used to have to be tough to make it up through the ranks - its a different culture and different world then most of society could never hack it in and many talented players couldn't either - Its just the way it was and we liked it that way .

The many people piling on now are the ones who never made it .. or ex players who are now irrelevant in society and looking for attention .

Reactions: ModryJazyk

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
This is a witch hunt for all Coaches /Managers who were hard on players... Some of these guys made a lot of money because Coaches like Crawford pushed them to be better.. Suck it up princess's -

NEWSFLASH : Hockey is not for everyone- you used to have to be tough to make it up through the ranks - its a different culture and different world then most of society could never hack it in and many talented players couldn't either - Its just the way it was and we liked it that way .

The many people piling on now are the ones who never made it .. or ex players who are now irrelevant in society and looking for attention .

Like Theo Fleury right?

These coaches have tremendous power over young people and need to use that power appropriately. Nobody says coaches can't be tough but some of these coaches are only tough guys because of their position.

There's no need for any of this kind of BS to coach hockey.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Like Theo Fleury right?

These coaches have tremendous power over young people and need to use that power appropriately. Nobody says coaches can't be tough but some of these coaches are only tough guys because of their position.

There's no need for any of this kind of BS to coach hockey.

Theo was sexually mollested - Obviously wrong and terrible - not even close to being the same -Dont compare these acts to yelling at a player .

stonec

Nov 21, 2011

So is kicking and choking a normal part of what goes on in the locker room, or for clarity, let's say was it considered normal in 2006? Yes old school coaches were hard on the players, lots of things said back then could not be said now, but come on, you have to draw the limit somewhere.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm sure most of us have had that coach that's a psychotic asshole. The guy that yells because he likes hearing his own voice. That's only that angry because he can get away with it. Makes you feel like shit, makes you even feel a little afraid of him.

My initial reaction with this is that now that there's blood in the water with the Babcock and Peters things, any player who was even a little mistreated is racing to tattle on their coach who was a little to mean to them. Especially seeing it being douche players like Avery and Sopel, or someone as opinionated as Chelios, or someone with a history of bad attitude like Aliu. But the more I think about it I'm happy this stuff is coming out if it means coaches in general come down from their power trip and stop screaming at teenagers to "get them going".

I didn't like the Crawford hire, think I said as much in the initial thread. I couldn't possibly care less if he's fired. For all his "toughness" he's supposed to be bringing and keeping the vets in check to balance out JC's newness...the Hawks look like shit.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Did anyone see that Chelios interview by the way? Where he says Babcock screamed and yelled so much at Franzen that he had a nervous breakdown???

Awful to hear. I swear i'm not trying to be a meathead with the following comment but it sees weird that a guy who's 6'4", 220lbs is going to be intimidated by Babcock. I know that stuff doesn't always matter but it seems weird nonetheless and probably speaks to just how much mental intimidation coaches have over players sometimes

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Got the impression JC was a pushover from the get go so bringing in a coach like this seemed like it might help. It hasn’t. Like Peters, even if he isn’t let go for off the ice incidents, he could easily be let go for the on ice performance.

The mud slinging between players and coaches could go on forever. Some of these coaches might be able to call up player’s wives and tell them stories from the road. Who knows where it ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad