News Article: UPDATE (suspended until 1/2/20): Blackhawks investigating allegations against Marc Crawford

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, Crawford has been known to be a dick throughout his coaching career. He did own up to it, if I'm not mistaken, over the last couple of years and he hasn't said anything racist as far as I'm currently aware, so at least a bit better than Peters.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah, Crawford has been known to be a dick throughout his coaching career. He did own up to it, if I'm not mistaken, over the last couple of years and he hasn't said anything racist as far as I'm currently aware, so at least a bit better than Peters.

Do you think the Hawks knew about this when they hired him, or will this be something new to them?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crawford should be canned if it happened.

Carcillo for all the attention he is bringing to CTE (good) hurts his cause at time as much as he helps it. He needs help with his social media.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So do you think the Hawks stand by him, or publicly feign shock and fire him?

Who knows. I will say, though, if players are going to come out about every coach that ever touched them, there may not be many coaches left in the NHL when all is said and done.... I imagine it's pretty common. In ALL sports.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
So do you think the Hawks stand by him, or publicly feign shock and fire him?

I think they ignore it and hope it doesn't snow ball. At the end of the day the thing that got Peters fired was the racial slur. The physical abuse was icing on the cake.

To be real cynical about it, it was the racial slur and losing. Remember the Babcock stuff wasn't an issue until he was fired.

I do think it warrants firing but sadly a coach getting physical with a player is all too common in many, many sports. Times are changing but there are a lot of people with ugly histories.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I know that guys.

Just stating those elements are all the place. Wherever the dream is being sold to kids and particularly the parents.

Reactions: Pez68

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who cares. This isn't in the same realm as the other stuff. "I got kicked in my pads by a shoe after getting a puck shot at 100mph at my pads" and it's bloody Sean Avery. I could care less about Crawford, but if this stuff continues players are gonna be bringing up every single time their feelings were hurt while in the NHL.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Of all the stupid shit Avery pulled in theNHL he’s going to bring this up? What a dick

Reactions: BrianE

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Who cares. This isn't in the same realm as the other stuff. "I got kicked in my pads by a shoe after getting a puck shot at 100mph at my pads" and it's bloody Sean Avery. I could care less about Crawford, but if this stuff continues players are gonna be bringing up every single time their feelings were hurt while in the NHL.

Dude choking is a sign of serious mental instability. I don't excuse other physical abuse, but choking is bad, bad, bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad