GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.4 (1.27)

Bestest Canes Dman of All time

• Total voters

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Necas has been our all star all season. He belongs In that game. Not only has he been the most dynamic guy we have, he’s been clutch. The whole season imo. He wants the puck when it matters most. Good for him. Aho has been catching up as expected, but we wouldn’t be where we are at this point without 88.
It would have been awesome seeing him in fastest skater. Curious if he could beat McDavid.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Didn't watch, but saw the highlights.

Aho looked absolutely dominant. That's the most important thing. Also, I don't get too caught up in losing to a bad team. All the teams are NHL talent, and it's not possible to have playoff effort for 82 regular season games over an 8 month season. I'm glad we found a way to win, and I'm also glad on our "off" effort games we still tend to look like we played a better overall game than our opponent.

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
Reminds me of this game. I used to talk to this guy named Jerry who worked the doors at PNC pretty much every game, even if just to say hi. After this game, I asked him what happened to all the people that left the arena with 20s left and he said that they all came rushing back in after hearing the goal horn and they had no choice but to just open the doors and let them in.

The night I dedicated myself to the Hurricanes. 'Great to see it again

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Aho looks much faster out there the last few games. Even in OT Brady was trying to break away and Aho turned on the burners and caught up to him and almost shielded the dman from getting near Skjei to increase his 1v1...that or he thought he was even faster and was going to get wide to make it a 2 on 0.

You can tell he wants the puck a lot more too. I felt like in his early career Turbo really pushed him as he wanted to be seen as the "older brother" to TT and not the 2nd fiddle to the older Finn.

I'm starting to get the feeling Aho doesn't want to be outshined by Necas and might be trying to find another gear to show Necas this is his team.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Svech has always been a streaky player. He's still getting shots, they just aren't going in (and not as quality it seems). I think this might be his longest goal drought however. Last season he had a stretch of 11 games with no goals. Last night was 12.
Svetch had a good game yesterday....hopefully he has turned the corner. He had a couple of thunderous checks and his interaction with Necas & KK was good. He of course made the great pass for game winner too.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Svetch had a good game yesterday....hopefully he has turned the corner. He had a couple of thunderous checks and his interaction with Necas & KK was good. He of course made the great pass for game winner too.

That's the thing about him. Even when he's not producing and he was last night, he's doing other things well. He never has an off shift really from an effort perspective. He's elite in that department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad