GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.4 (1.27)

Bestest Canes Dman of All time

• Total voters

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
It just never feels like WE are going to be the ones to make a comeback...we just throw even more desperate low quality garbage at the net on hopes and prayers
I'm from the future, and let me tell you...

On a different note, major oof with Koko losing his footing (because he spread his feet apart and was trying to do the splits???) which led to a turnover goal. f***ing brutal. If he can't be reliable defensively, then what exactly is he bringing to the team? Offensively he's been lacking for someone who was supposed to be our 2C.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Necas has been our all star all season. He belongs In that game. Not only has he been the most dynamic guy we have, he’s been clutch. The whole season imo. He wants the puck when it matters most. Good for him. Aho has been catching up as expected, but we wouldn’t be where we are at this point without 88.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
This team hasn’t lost a game in regulation with one of Raanta or Freddie in goal since November 12th.
B95B779B-18A5-49BB-9BF9-0E4BF0244C5D.jpeg

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Sophomore defensive coach Tim Gleason has the 'Canes:

#1 in corsi against per game
#1 in shots against per game
#2 in goals against per game
#1 in expected goals against per game
#1 in scoring chances against per game
#4 in high danger scoring chances against per game (also #4 in high danger goals against per game)

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Sophomore defensive coach Tim Gleason has the 'Canes:

#1 in corsi against per game
#1 in shots against per game
#2 in goals against per game
#1 in expected goals against per game
#1 in scoring chances against per game
#4 in high danger scoring chances against per game (also #4 in high danger goals against per game)

Watching the Sharks broadcast and they said the Canes defensemen lead the league in goals scored with 30, IIRC. In leading in goals scored, it’s likely they’re also right up there at top of offensive metrics in addition to these defensive ones.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
L M A O

First time something like this has ever happened to me as a Canes fan.

Turned the game off at 4-2 and went to bed.

Only finding out at this moment what happened the rest of the game.

What a weird morning. :laugh:
Reminds me of this game. I used to talk to this guy named Jerry who worked the doors at PNC pretty much every game, even if just to say hi. After this game, I asked him what happened to all the people that left the arena with 20s left and he said that they all came rushing back in after hearing the goal horn and they had no choice but to just open the doors and let them in.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Reminds me of this game. I used to talk to this guy named Jerry who worked the doors at PNC pretty much every game, even if just to say hi. After this game, I asked him what happened to all the people that left the arena with 20s left and he said that they all came rushing back in after hearing the goal horn and they had no choice but to just open the doors and let them in.

I was there and stayed planted in my seat and have always been very proud of that.

Last night? Well, when you’re watching the game on your phone already in bed… a little easier to turn it off :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was there and stayed planted in my seat and have always been very proud of that.
Was so funny watching the throngs of people running back down the steps to their seats after the goal was scored.
Last night? Well, when you’re watching the game on your phone already in bed… a little easier to turn it off :laugh:
no doubt

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Necas has been our all star all season. He belongs In that game. Not only has he been the most dynamic guy we have, he’s been clutch. The whole season imo. He wants the puck when it matters most. Good for him. Aho has been catching up as expected, but we wouldn’t be where we are at this point without 88.

The frustrating part is that the fans spoke, overwhelmingly voted him in and the NHL didn't give a shit and still blocked him out anyway. I'm glad he's going ham right now, embarrass the league for that BS.

Also: are we getting to the stretch of the year where we see good, dominant Aho? He was all over the place last night.

He definitely had a bit more pep to his step last night. Maybe he's getting healthy again, that would be a really good development the rest of the way.

Also, the Svech-KK-Necas line last night was dominant every time they were on the ice. They routinely pinned SJ in their zone, ripped off multiple chances and just buzzed. Yes, KK had a mental mistake, but I think we just have to allow him to work those out of his system, because the offensive upside of that line is too good to ignore.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

I was there for that game. My all time favorite Canes game that wasn’t our cup final win. I was 13 years old. I screamed so hard after Staal tied it, that I literally couldn’t get anything else out of my voice when Wallin won it. I remember having a raspy voice the next couple days as my voice recovered from that game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad