Value of: Unsigned Karlsson + Stone + Duchene

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Colorado owns said lottery ball, so I find it very hard to believe that Ottawa will sell the team in order to tank in a year that they will not reap the rewards from said tanking first hand.

They really should have just given the pick to Colorado this year.
That's what I meant, don't worry about losing the pick and not trading guys because of draft position, just gain assets and move on from the trade.

It doesn't have to be before the season or anything

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
You're missing the point entirely. Stone and Duchene are better than any and all of the players I listed and they all received huge bounties at the TDL.

As for Ott, maybe I have my players mixed up, I remember there was an absolute pure grinder/enforcer who was traded for a 1st in the last couple of years, maybe someone can help me here I'm blanking.

Don't even bother, he polices all Ottawa threads for some reason and has awful takes.

Reactions: Sureves

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
You're missing the point entirely. Stone and Duchene are better than any and all of the players I listed and they all received huge bounties at the TDL.

As for Ott, maybe I have my players mixed up, I remember there was an absolute pure grinder/enforcer who was traded for a 1st in the last couple of years, maybe someone can help me here I'm blanking.

Paul Gaustad.

Ryan Hartman also got a 1st, a realized he's younger than Duchene/Stone and was an RFA, but you'd think one of the Sens player could bring back at least that much value.

Reactions: Sureves

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Paul Gaustad.

Ryan Hartman also got a 1st, a realized he's younger than Duchene/Stone and was an RFA, but you'd think one of the Sens player could bring back at least that much value.

Paul Gaustad, that's who I was thinking of thank you that was going to bug me.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I know they'd have to pay a mint, but would a team like Dallas be interested in all 3 as a rental?
Lol no team would be interested in that as a rental. That is basically putting all your savings on 1-12 in roulette (probably way worse odds than that actually). Sure you get one of the best chances at the cup you the next year but in a sport with this much parity its still miles away form a guarantee and you completely f*** your team for the next years because you legit have nothing left in the prospect pool

Reactions: olli

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
How about 4 first round picks, literally #1 prospect in the organization, literally #2 prospect in the organization, and a salary that is in its final year?

So from Dallas:

Heisakenen
Honka
1st - 2020
1st - 2021
1st - 2022
1st - 2023
Spezza
Methot
Hanzal

Rough breakdown:

Karlsson for Heisakenen

Stone for 2 1sts + Honka

Duchene for 2 1sts

Then a bunch of dead, but expiring salary.
Easy no. Those players dont guarantee a cup and after the more likely scenario where we dont win the cup we lose 2/3 of those guys and becomes stuck in shit tier mediocrity for 4+ years as we wont be nearly as good and wont have 1sts to replenish the pool.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Colorado owns said lottery ball, so I find it very hard to believe that Ottawa will sell the team in order to tank in a year that they will not reap the rewards from said tanking first hand.

What Ottawa needs to do is accept that they don’t own that pick anymore and move on. They would get plenty of first rounders if they traded those players and build from there.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Easy no. Those players dont guarantee a cup and after the more likely scenario where we dont win the cup we lose 2/3 of those guys and becomes stuck in **** tier mediocrity for 4+ years as we wont be nearly as good and wont have 1sts to replenish the pool.

It's never possible to guarantee a cup, but those players definitely make Dallas the biggest cup favourite in the last 30 years.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If I were the Sens and I were moving our three top players to Dallas, I'd push super hard for a blue chip young player like Julius Honka.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have negative interest in Matt Duchene, but I’d gladly give up Ottawa’s 1st ++++ for Stone + EK

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Lol. Matt Duchene isn't better than McDonagh...

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Isles
2019 and 2020 first
Flames 2019 second isles 2020 second
Conditional 2021 first if Duchene re-signs
Conditional 2019 3rd if stone resigns
Clutterbuck

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
It's never possible to guarantee a cup, but those players definitely make Dallas the biggest cup favourite in the last 30 years.
Yeah and that is not worth 4 years of being shit without a first + 3 more years of being shit but with a 1st. You are essentially putting 1 good run in exchange for a minimum 5 year rebuild. Easy no

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Kind of a sunk cost now. They have to maximize what they can in this situation. You don't lose 3 good assets for nothing just because you're worried that some other deal you made earlier will look worse than it already does. That's doubling down on your mistake.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
All three!?!? I can't think of a single trade that ever had that much value going in one direction. Pretty tough to come up with a realistic return for something like this.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
It can't be done. Ottawa would get fleeced because there value all together isn't good. No team can sign all three to long term contracts. One, maybe two of them, but not all three. Plus, with them being UFA's and knowing you just gave up the farm for them, they can demand any price they want. So whoever the team keeps, will probably have to overpay. There is no team that is going to gut themselves and set themselves up to be bad for 10 years when two or maybe even all three walk after next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad