Unreal hit

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
I still think it's the receivers fault. He skates out at a different angle then most defenseman will do in that situation. Pretty careless position, but I can see how the pass restricted what he could once he got the puck.

I disagree that he skates out at a different angle. He just failed to realize someone was stepping up on him. He was already going backwards and the natural reaction would be to start that backwards/sideways crossover because his momentum will give him the best and quickest way to get to top speed.

He just wasn't aware of his surroundings, it was a quick play but he could have glanced up before the pass or during (likely what an NHL player would do) to assure he isn't in someone's crosshairs.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
no problem with the hit at all. The net result is that Phaneuf should have to sit another 2.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
If you understand that something isn't NHL Talk then please do not post it in the NHL Forum. We have an AHL forum for a reason, so we may as well use it.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
If you understand that something isn't NHL Talk then please do not post it in the NHL Forum. We have an AHL forum for a reason, so we may as well use it.

I figured public interest might overrule the technicality, but I suppose not. Sad to see such a beautiful hit waste away to oblivion in the AHL forum.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
No one has made a gif?

:crosses arms:

ku-xlarge.gif

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
There is a redirect to here on the main board. That's how I found this.

Which has already faded to pages no one checks. This forum gets far less traffic than the NHL forum, and I think (and it seems like people would agree) that this is a hit people would want to see. Just seems pointless to put it where no one will see it. :help:
Meh. Nevertheless, great hit.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
The crowd reaction when they replayed the hit on the video boards was great. First a collective oooouuuhhh followed by a large cheer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad