Unreal hit

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
Not NHL talk, I understand, but the hitter, Darren Archibald, has played a few games in the NHL this year.

Just an unreal hit though, had to share it. I can't stop watching it. The kind of hit that makes you go "Ooooohh ****".

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Not NHL talk, I understand, but the hitter, Darren Archibald, has played a few games in the NHL this year.

Just an unreal hit though, had to share it. I can't stop watching it. The kind of hit that makes you go "Ooooohh ****".

Holyyyyy :amazed:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Just waive tommy sestito and bring darren back already.

He also had a pretty devastating hit on andrew shaw last year.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Teammate gave him a suicide pass :facepalm:

No he didn't. This wasn't open ice and it wasn't behind him.

The defender cradled the puck for a moment before impact as well.

The hit was ****ing huge but I wonder how he got that sort of force without being called for charging. Would love to see another angle of it but probably not going to happen.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
No he didn't. This wasn't open ice and it wasn't behind him.

The defender cradled the puck for a moment before impact as well.

The hit was ****ing huge but I wonder how he got that sort of force without being called for charging. Would love to see another angle of it but probably not going to happen.
You shouldn't make a pass to anyone not open.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
But he clearly was open since he got possession of the puck after the pass and cradled it. He just didn't turn his head in time to see the runaway freight train headed his way.
The way i saw it was he touched the puck for 1 second, then got destroyed.

Just keep watching the beginning on the clip, not the 2nd angle.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The way i saw it was he touched the puck for 1 second, then got destroyed.

Just keep watching the beginning on the clip, not the 2nd angle.

I still think it's the receivers fault. He skates out at a different angle then most defenseman will do in that situation. Pretty careless position, but I can see how the pass restricted what he could once he got the puck.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Teammate gave him a suicide pass :facepalm:

Should he have passed it to him, no not really, however not really a classic suicide pass. Those generally involve a player moving up ice at a pretty nice clip of speed having to reach for the puck and/or look back causing him to get destroyed, not really what was going on here.

This guy receives the puck and heads up ice while not looking, the goalie should be screaming his lungs out as should the winger the D-man clearly thought the guy that buried him would stay on the half-wall with, but a decent amount of the onus is on the D-man himself for a careless turn up ice while performing a slow cradle to control the puck.

Suicide passes are more classically like the Gryba hit on Eller where Diaz sent him into just a horrendous area of the ice where he couldn't possible protect himself. The player here can let that pass by as it isn't traveling in the middle of the ice especially if his teammates are talking appropriately or quickly continue it on with backhand down the boards without attempting to cradle and shift up ice.

Also as pointed out above have to believe this was charging by the letter of the law, but would need a better angle.

MountainGoat

damn what a hit, is this Darren Archibald guy any good or just a hitter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad