Unreal hit

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Didn't a hit like that happen to Rome when on Vancouver and he busted his face up?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I still think it's the receivers fault. He skates out at a different angle then most defenseman will do in that situation. Pretty careless position, but I can see how the pass restricted what he could once he got the puck.

There's blame on all sides.

The receiver should have looked up ice earlier to see what was happening. You shouldn't wait until the puck is completely on your stick and in control for a full second before looking around to figure out what to do with it.

The passer (seems to be the goalie) should have also noticed him coming and sent the puck a little more along the boards to limit the huge open ice potential of the hit.

Everyone else on his team should have seen it coming and been screaming that he's about to be run over.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
The most amazing to me is that Archibald don't even seem to put some strength in this hit. It's like he's peacefully gliding, bump into some guy, and have this guy doing backflips like Philippe Candeloro.

illninofan*

clotheslinebradshaw.gif

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Holy hell, that didn't look like a lot of force in the first clip but the second is messed up. Beauty hit, that gets you a call in NHL nowadays

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
No he didn't. This wasn't open ice and it wasn't behind him.

The defender cradled the puck for a moment before impact as well.

The hit was ****ing huge but I wonder how he got that sort of force without being called for charging. Would love to see another angle of it but probably not going to happen.

Regardless he puts his team mate in a real tough situation.

Aweseome hit though

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
damn what a hit, is this Darren Archibald guy any good or just a hitter?

He played 8 games on the Canucks earlier this year and asserted himself pretty well. Kind of fell behind the play a bit after a while and was sent back down to develop a bit further. But he's a big, strong kid with decent hands, probably be a solid 4th liner at the NHL level eventually.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
That is crazy. That dude did a complete flip on his z axis. I don't think I'll ever see that again.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I don't think you can give someone a suicide pass in the freaking corner.

Eh, I didn't think it was "suicidal". Not a good pass, sure, but Stollery had time to turn around and make a play along the boards instead. Or if he was an NHL-caliber, he most likely would've stayed in his place and made the pass up the ice while bracing for the hit

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00