Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Reigns is not a main eventer. As much as WWE and it's fans want to believe he is, it's just not true. Guy comes out, drops an innuendo and everyone acts like it's the greatest promo in years. He sucks at promos, sucks at wrestling, his gimmick sucks. This guy wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for his family.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Reigns is not a main eventer. As much as WWE and it's fans want to believe he is, it's just not true. Guy comes out, drops an innuendo and everyone acts like it's the greatest promo in years. He sucks at promos, sucks at wrestling, his gimmick sucks. This guy wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for his family.

Face Roman Reigns, absolutely agree. Heel Roman Reigns has been very good and is very much a main eventer.

Reactions: TD Charlie

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm probably in the minority with this one: I can't stand Matt Riddle.

To be clear, I think his talent and work in the ring is great, it's mostly his storyline/character stuff that kills it for me. I feel like I need to be somewhere in the age range of 5-7 to be entertained by a guy whose gimmick can be summarized as the lost love child of Eugene and RVD in a cringey storyline where he's a sad puppy in some bro-mance with Randy Orton.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

To be clear, I think his talent and work in the ring is great, it's mostly his storyline/character stuff that kills it for me. I feel like I need to be somewhere in the age range of 5-7 to be entertained by a guy whose gimmick can be summarized as the lost love child of Eugene and RVD in a cringey storyline where he's a sad puppy in some bro-mance with Randy Orton.

I am right there with you. I’m not going to deny his talent but the stoner gimmick (real life) just rubs me wrong.

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

Hes aight to me but your description is gold lol.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Rock had very hot periods and I could see him being more "interactive" with the crowd. I recall him having reactions that were sort of a precursor to Cena's reactions, though the very rich man's version. It seemed like there was pretty much always a segment of the crowd that was ready to turn on face Rock, then he would go heel and win everyone back right away so that the process could begin again. 1999 was a really good period for Rock, but understandably his reactions would suffer later on once he started missing time for Hollywood commitments.

The thing with Austin is that even when his stuff was stale and full of repetitiveness, he still had massive popularity as a face. His heel turn makes perfect sense in terms of freshening up his gimmick and giving him some new angles, but people didn't like it because he was still so popular. Something like Rock-Hogan where the crowd dropped Rock for Hogan wouldn't have happened to Austin any time during his prime, even with Toronto being a Hogan hotbed.
And this is why I always thought Hogan avoided the Austin match.

Stone Cold was the one guy in wrestling history who could have potentially had more of the arena on his side.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Bret Hart said in his A&E doc that Goldberg had 0 skill and was a -10/10 in the ring.

(While one could say Hart was bitter for Goldberg ending his career, I dont think anyone who watched the man wrestle would disagree)
Bret thinks Goldberg is much worse than "4 outta 10" Triple H.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Hasn't Bret gone back and forth on his opinion on Goldberg? A lot of interviews, he blames Goldberg and talks really low of him. But in another interview, he said something like it was just an accident and he hates that such a nice guy like Goldberg is the one that gets the blame. I think he said something like he wished it was someone he didn't like that ended his career.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hasn't Bret gone back and forth on his opinion on Goldberg? A lot of interviews, he blames Goldberg and talks really low of him. But in another interview, he said something like it was just an accident and he hates that such a nice guy like Goldberg is the one that gets the blame. I think he said something like he wished it was someone he didn't like that ended his career.

In the recent A & E Documentary he didn't have many kind worse for him, so maybe hes back to not liking him. :D

I don't like him very much either.

Also.... a little disrespectful to RVD to include him in that description

Reactions: Adam Spylo

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I love Riddle's ring style and think he has the tools to be a main event guy but yeah, can't stand him as a character.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't like him very much either.

Also.... a little disrespectful to RVD to include him in that description

I meant no disrespect to RVD at all. Just that his, well him being himself rather than a gimmick per se, is not a good mix with the Eugene gimmick.

Like if there was a "Custody of Riddle" Ladder match between Eugene and RVD, I would want RVD to be Rey Mysterio to Eugene's Guerrero. And I mean no disrespect to Eddy.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Isn't Cross basically a female version of The Hurricane?

Yeah, obviously The Hurricane was better and more entertaining (though I did eventually get tired of the character), but it's the same basic shtick.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
i guess this will bother current fans, but its just fact moreso than opinion....wrestling hasnt been worth shit since 2001

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Does anyone like Becky Lynch? She’s kinda crap in ring compared to the unstoppable legend in her own time she portrays, and she’s been absolutely insufferable since Nia Jax potatoed her.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Does anyone like Becky Lynch? She’s kinda crap in ring compared to the unstoppable legend in her own time she portrays, and she’s been absolutely insufferable since Nia Jax potatoed her.

I loved Becky Lynch from the time she was in NXT to the time she finally won the title(s) at Mania. After that, it all went to shit. It went to shit because Vince destroyed what was organic and booked her like he books all of his top people. She has been neutered, dialed down and corporatized. What as a great character become repetitive and stale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad