GDT: Unfortunately, it is another Washington Capitals Gameday (10 PM in Vancouver)

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One thing is for sure we get a single playoff game for the rest of the season. I was looking at the other teams we are fighting for a playoff spot. The schedule is brutal lol.
Hey anything can happen with our MVP Chucky Sideburns in net! He should have been an all-star selection but that voting/selection system they use is trash!

Reactions: Neil Racki

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
should be tired but I'm buzzing from this W :yo::m-dance::pickle:
I love we beat that d*ck head Tocchet! When the Caps made that big trade for Tocchet, Ranford and Oates, it was Tocchet who was the most displeased that he became Caps player! That trade turned out better for us as Oates was part of that '98 team to go to the Caps first Stanley Cup appearance! Allison and Jim Carrey were busts, while Anson Carter didn't even stick with the Bruins.

Carbery out coached Tocchet with a less talented lineup!

Tank moved back into the garage from the drive way.
Some of the bolts broke off the treading and the replacements on backorder!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I love we beat that d*ck head Tocchet! When the Caps made that big trade for Tocchet, Ranford and Oates, it was Tocchet who was the most displeased that he became Caps player! That trade turned out better for us as Oates was part of that '98 team to go to the Caps first Stanley Cup appearance! Allison and Jim Carrey were busts, while Anson Carter didn't even stick with the Bruins.

Carbery out coached Tocchet with a less talented lineup!

Some of the bolts broke off the treading and the replacements on backorder!
Currently ordering chinese knockoffs from Somalia.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
MoneyPuck has us at 30.4% now.

Above Detroit at 28.2%

We were <1% at one point.
I don't pay attention to any of these playoff making %'s. My guess is they are mostly based off of analytics, which you can basically throw out the door for the Caps! The Caps this season have been an absolute outlier in regard to analytics.

Flyers are a young team overachieving with a rookie goalie in Ersson(Carter Hart is out indefinitely for possibly rape chargers from 5 years ago!). Wings are a very polar team. They won 6 in a row and then lost 7 in a row. They are doing it with a backup goalie in Lyon(Flyers gave up on the guy(they seem to have a habit of doing this to their goalies)).

The Caps schedule, which is apparently the hardest of the teams that are just outside the playoff line, doesn't matter to me. Sometimes it's just about coaching, goaltending and how the roster plays together as team at the right time.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I like how after Miro's pass guys started wanting to be a playmaker too all of the sudden. Not entirely sure McMichael's pass was intentional but it worked out. Scrappy, scrappy effort.

VAN is in the midst of a long homestand so one can chalk it up to that a little bit. Can't say I noticed Lindholm much in this one and overall VAN's forward depth seems light.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Just finished watching the end of the Canucks game - and the connectedness and work rate all thru the lineup was stellar. Ovie and Oshie worked their butts off all night, which has to inspire the rest of the guys. These guys are playing Ike the early 90s Caps, who (despite bullshit from Kornheiser), always overachieved relative to their collective skill level. Of course, the goaltending has been elite, but Carbs must be taking some pride in how they’ve played the last 2 games

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Miroshnichenko is seriously skilled. He's getting a bit more TOI these past 5 games. He deserves it. Could become a PPG type player IMO.

IMO Lapierre has what it takes to become a solid 60 point 2C who is defensively responsible. He ought to be ahead of McMichael. Lapierre made some great defensive plays in the neutral zone and on the backcheck yesterday - and that type of play is what won the game (only 1 goal against). He's got a good hockey IQ.

I don't think Sandin should ever be a top pairing guy. He's a fine player but he hasn't shown anything elite IMO.

Protas and Malensteyn are decent depth players.

Could be a bit of a soft rebuild. The Caps now have lots of young depth and they've dumped some serious cap hits in Backstrom and Kuznetsov (yes I realize 50% retained on Kuzy, but it still clears ~ $4M IIRC).

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Just finished watching the end of the Canucks game - and the connectedness and work rate all thru the lineup was stellar. Ovie and Oshie worked their butts off all night, which has to inspire the rest of the guys. These guys are playing Ike the early 90s Caps, who (despite bullshit from Kornheiser), always overachieved relative to their collective skill level. Of course, the goaltending has been elite, but Carbs must be taking some pride in how they’ve played the last 2 games
"Despite Bullshit" could be the title of Kornheiser's biography.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Miroshnichenko is seriously skilled. He's getting a bit more TOI these past 5 games. He deserves it. Could become a PPG type player IMO.

IMO Lapierre has what it takes to become a solid 60 point 2C who is defensively responsible. He ought to be ahead of McMichael. Lapierre made some great defensive plays in the neutral zone and on the backcheck yesterday - and that type of play is what won the game (only 1 goal against). He's got a good hockey IQ.

I don't think Sandin should ever be a top pairing guy. He's a fine player but he hasn't shown anything elite IMO.

Could be a bit of a soft rebuild. The Caps now have lots of young depth and they've dumped some serious cap hits in Backstrom and Kuznetsov (yes I realize 50% retained on Kuzy, but it still clears ~ $4M IIRC).
Manthas 6m is off as well. Plus a LOT of picks to maneuver with.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

Yeah, kinda looks like we overpaid for Sandin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad