Tribute Underrated Sens of the past

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The one blemish on Stone's performance that I can think of was that he wasn't a key guy during the 2017 Cup run, for whatever reason.

I think most people suspect he was injured in some capacity.

The first time (2015) he got slashed on the hand by Subban (which is the reason why we lost the series IMO), 4 assists in 6 games as a rookie.

Maybe he was injured too in the 2017 run but the playoffs are tighter, it's harder to score and he was still only in his 3rd NHL season. Bobby Ryan was the only forward on the team with a significant PPG (Brassard, Hoffman, Turris, Pageau, MacArthur only had a slightly better PPG). Many players played injured during that run.

Since then, Stone has 29 pts in 27 playoffs games with Vegas

Not only he is a prolific scorer (29th in Pts since 2017-18, 21st in PPG), he's also the biggest thief in the whole NHL by far (28.89/60 since 2014-15, second is Kevin Fiala with 22.41/60), is a possession monster and a perennial Selke candidate (votes since 2014-15 : 46, 18, 6, 22, 2, 5)

If all this wasn't enough, look at the passion when he plays, everytime his team scores. A guy like that not only makes you better, he fires you up.

Hey I am not saying all this to convince you, just to mention that we should say Mark "Elite" Stone when talking about him. I think Dorion meant in reality that he was totally ashamed that he had to trade him.

Reactions: aragorn

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah you don’t need to convince me that he’s one of the most talented Senators we’ve had.

A few more goals from him in 2017 might have made a difference though. As I said originally, it’s the only thing I can think of that could be perceived as a negative in his time here.

I’m not sure why you’re giving me his resume.

Xspyrit said:
Bobby Ryan was the only forward on the team with a significant PPG (Brassard, Hoffman, Turris, Pageau, MacArthur only had a slightly better PPG).

If you had told me that Ryan, Hoffman, Brassard, Turris, Pageau and MacArthur would provide more offensive support than Stone before the playoffs started, I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: HzH

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Yeah you don’t need to convince me that he’s one of the most talented Senators we’ve had.

A few more goals from him in 2017 might have made a difference though. As I said originally, it’s the only thing I can think of that could be perceived as a negative in his time here.

I think its illegal for X to write less than 2 paragraphs in a post :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sweatred

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Simply because this thread is named "Tribute : Underrated Sens of the past"

I'm hoping you're not the only person in the world that reads my post

I'm not always only "sticking" to the point that was talked about in a previous post, I often take the opportunity to open on the subject, talk about different angles and most importantly, bring in some more facts, like I just did.

I think its illegal for X to write less than 2 paragraphs in a post :sarcasm:

Sorry for all these facts!

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Jarkko Ruutu was pretty underrated IMO. Quite an asset when your fourth liner is not only a huge agitator but also pretty good on the PK and in the shootout.

I wore 73 for years in my mens league cuz of Jarkko.

Me and a few buddies ran into him at the AMC in Kanata one night. Was catching a movie by himself lol

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Wasnt with the Sens but this is for sure my fav Ruutu moment

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dylan demelo clearly.
Dylan demelo clearly.

Reactions: NyQuil

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Arvedson Ptlick Dackle Andreas Johanson socred 20 for the young sens.Ron Tugnut

Pitlick is a guy people forget about a lot. He was never a dominant player, but solid defensively and a nasty son of a bitch out there.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
What about the Sheriff, Shane Hnidy?

He was a bit like the original Boro.

I was shadowing Ken Warren at practise one day (was considering going to school for journalism) and Hnidy took a puck to the face. The vibe after that was wild. Everyone very concerned about him as youd expect. Luckily was OK

Reactions: NyQuil

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I was shadowing Ken Warren at practise one day (was considering going to school for journalism) and Hnidy took a puck to the face. The vibe after that was wild. Everyone very concerned about him as youd expect. Luckily was OK
In fact I remember him having a black eye once, maybe it was from that incident?

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I really only wanted to mention him. He scored 35 goals one year. Then he was disappointing. He played 7 seasons for the Sens, I had forgotten that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad