GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The conversation was about how this series isn't on Saturday night and is instead on Sunday. Sunday's game won't be on CBC/HNIC. Wednesday's and Friday's are on CBC and HNIC.

yea, sorry for any confusion caused there - my comment is that it is insane that the saturday primetime hockey slot will not have the two remaining canadian teams. feels like a big miss from the nhl.

game 3 sunday being mother's day is also a scheduling L

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
yea, sorry for any confusion caused there - my comment is that it is insane that the saturday primetime hockey slot will not have the two remaining canadian teams. feels like a big miss from the nhl.

game 3 sunday being mother's day is also a scheduling L
I guess 'Stars on Ice 2024' is a bigger draw in Edmonton and had already booked the arena for Saturday night.

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
Maybe the Canucks shouldn't try to chase McDavid...let him skate around like a wildman but have a player between him and the net... and keep a close check on anyone he's likely to pass to or who are looking for rebounds or trying to tip the puck....a big part of his game is to entice players to get out of position while chasing him so he can pass to his teammates...other than that, he's effectively just another player shooting the puck on net

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Bouchard was the Hughes draft
Oh ya, Bumbling Benning didn't want Tkachuk. I remember I posted I wanted Dobson or Bouchard.
In the OJ draft I wanted Sergachev or McAvoy instead of OJ but then Tkachuk came available.

f***ing hell.

The bug. Seems it that time of year more often than in the past.
This is supposed to be a nasty one, Schenn stated he has never been so sick. But it seems a short down time. The issue is if he has it how many others will follow?
Is this... not on HNIC? Aren't we getting Cuthbert and Simpson?
I just hope they don't change all the game times to suit the TO market.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I think we win game 1 thanks to Pearl Jam ruining the ice.

haha now i am imagining us trying to play in the sludgy mess that pearl jam 10 sounds like

…exacerbatedin my memory by the warbly muffly cassette that was in our car when i was eleven but i think that album sounded like a a sludgy mess anyway

Reactions: Vector

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Maybe the Canucks shouldn't try to chase McDavid...let him skate around like a wildman but have a player between him and the net... and keep a close check on anyone he's likely to pass to or who are looking for rebounds or trying to tip the puck....a big part of his game is to entice players to get out of position while chasing him so he can pass to his teammates...other than that, he's effectively just another player shooting the puck on net
That is because not many players are that agile, IMO Hughes could be, then watching the passing lanes to Dreadnought and Bouchard. Might be worth a try.

Circling the net would work for Hughes too on the PP.

So if EP is out then who replaces him? Move Lindholm to that line/spot? Joshua to center or Lafferty. I think Lafferty is due. Big guy, fast and can hit.

If EP is out maybe see what Podkolzin can do.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
this is petey rn

1715117981481.gif

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
haha now i am imagining us trying to play in the sludgy mess that pearl jam 10 sounds like

…exacerbatedin my memory by the warbly muffly cassette that was in our car when i was eleven but i think that album sounded like a a sludgy mess anyway
I'm more of a Vitalogy guy myself.

What does that mean?
1715123356476.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad