Underrated/Overrated

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Thanks for making my point. You are a Euro-snob. There's a reason for the term.

Your point also doesn't make sense. I didn't mention anything about qualifying. If CONCACAF qualifying was so easy, why do the teams fare well in the World Cup? Getting in doesn't guarantee you'll play well in the tournament. Look at Asia. If you look at the two most recent qualification processes, Mexico didn't get top 3 in 2014 WCQ and USA didn't get top 4 in 2018 WCQ, so its not as easy as you want to make it out to be. Teams like Costa Rica, that I'm sure you'd make fun of, wipe the floor with Uruguay, England and Italy. Since they don't have players in big European leagues that you respect, you look down on them and make fun of them.

There certainly are. EU citizens can join move within Europe at age 16. Americans have to wait until 18 to play in some leagues, the least restrictive leagues. Can't play in England without an EU passport or work permit. Can't play in Spain, France, Italy without an EU passport or taking up one of the non-EU slots. Plenty of restrictions in place.
Unless of course you have a Croatian grandfather like Pulisic who found a loophole. He joined Dortmund at 16 I believe.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't watch MLS. I have heard of Wright Phillips but never seen him play. If he was so good though he would have made it in Europe. I would rather see the really talented Americans go to Europe.
BWP played in the Championship in England if I’m remembering right. I agree though that talented Americans should go to Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad