GDT: Umm There's a Game Tonight at 7:30 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shero is going to try and squeeze another trade or two for a speedster, but overall i think he is waiting for the rest of his fast kids to start cracking the line up.

I do think we might be better served if we take it slow with McLeod. Give him his 9 games cup of coffee but send him back to dominate in juniors

Yeah, I don't think we'd be wise to have McLeod on the roster full time last year. Unless he sets the world on fire in the preseason and in the 9 games. If he's just kind of there like Speers was, he'll probably get sent back after a few games.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think we'd be a lot better defensively. We probably wouldn't score much more, but I think we'd allow fewer goals (even with Cory's off year this season) because we'd concede fewer shots.

Fair enough. I do remember you mentioning Hall was not a Sutter-friendly type player.

I understand your points, same would apply for Hitchcock too, who I never really was interested in anyway. After watching LA and their dead offense a lot in this streak by them, I'm not as adamant about adding Sutter as I was a couple months ago. I'd definitely want him over Hitchcock though, or god forbid Lindy Ruff, who is really overrated and has managed to gain this reputation by Buffalo holding on to him for so long.

I keep saying this, but I'm anticipating Boudreau to be the Devils coach when he's done in Minnesota. Hynes will do all the dirty transition work and I can see Boudreau stepping onto a Devils team ready to compete.

I don't think Hynes is going anywhere for at least a year though.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Minny is set for awhile so idk why Boudreau would leave there and come to NJ

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It depends on how patient the Wild are and/or whether he can ever shake the Game 7 demons his teams always seems to have. If they're 3 years into Boudreau and still not competing for a Cup with Parise and Suter continuing to age, they may feel the need to move on. I don't think he's going anywhere for a couple of years at least though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I keep saying this, but I'm anticipating Boudreau to be the Devils coach when he's done in Minnesota. Hynes will do all the dirty transition work and I can see Boudreau stepping onto a Devils team ready to compete.

I don't think Hynes is going anywhere for at least a year though.
I think at this point, Boudreau should outlive Hynes in their current respective positions. Hynes probably has 1-2 years left here, barring Shero sticking by him hell or high water for longer than that. And I feel like barring an unexpected collapse one season or a couple really bad first round exits, Boudreau probably has 3-4 years in Minnesota after this.

If they go nowhere in the playoffs in the next 2-3 years, I could see Fletcher getting the boot and a house cleaning that includes Boudreau. Unless he's got the length of rope that Poile has in Nashville, where just making the playoffs most seasons is satisfactory and grounds for continued employment there.

I'm not a fan of Boudreau, I feel like if Hynes and DeBoer have suffered through weak rosters, Boudreau is the opposite. He's never had to coach a bad roster in the NHL. The 07-08 Caps were probably his worst team on paper.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It depends on how patient the Wild are and/or whether he can ever shake the Game 7 demons his teams always seems to have. If they're 3 years into Boudreau and still not competing for a Cup with Parise and Suter continuing to age, they may feel the need to move on. I don't think he's going anywhere for a couple of years at least though.

Then by the same token when we would we want him if he's been fired a third time without playoff success in his mid-60's, unless we're in desperation mode just to make the playoffs by then?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
With Hynes, we're having a lot of track meets.

They're just very much in favor of the other team on most nights.

I agree Bleed. In Hynes, track meet system all I see are a bunch of Devils chasing the puck all game long. This guy is no young genius. I don't see us winning much as long as he's in charge.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Our 2rd PP unit is so much better than the 1st one. Zacha is probably the best PP player on this team already. He's so poised and protects the puck really well... when he start producing more shots at EV he'll be a great power forward top6 center.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Granted things can always change, but didn't BB say the Minny job would be his last coaching gig anyway?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Not all phantom, the Devs played pretty dumb in the first period. I thought most of the calls were legit other than Nelson diving on one penalty.

If you don't have a problem with the way that game was called, than I'm not sure what it would take for you to take the officiating to task because that was straight up bull **** last night. The officials were beyond horrendous. Sure, they called some legit penalties. Problem is they called them against one team. This game was nothing short of embarrassing.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If you don't have a problem with the way that game was called, than I'm not sure what it would take for you to take the officiating to task because that was straight up bull **** last night. The officials were beyond horrendous. Sure, they called some legit penalties. Problem is they called them against one team. This game was nothing short of embarrassing.

Peel is bad, there's no way around it. He's a horrendous official.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

To put words in my mouth. I said The First Period. Watch it again for yourself. And of course it's one way. The Devils never have the puck. The system sucks. It might of worked for the 80's Oilers, which we're light years from.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not all phantom, the Devs played pretty dumb in the first period. I thought most of the calls were legit other than Nelson diving on one penalty.

The blind mice missed a clear delay of game penalty vs NYb too.

The officials grade an F last night.
They did not represent the NHL well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad