GDT: Umm There's a Game Tonight at 7:30 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Zacha had 4 shots on goal today. Great game for him amidst all the ********.

One of the few, if any, reasons to tune in lately. A strong finish would do wonders for his confidence going into next year, nice to see him performing well despite this team being awful.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we're gonna win just one more game this year, let it be the home finale next weekend.

Patty night, home finale, frickin pull a 96 Ottawa on this team and then let the 2017 Ottawa finish the job the next day.

I like the Rangers more than the Islanders at this point. **** the Islanders so much, **** the Devils/Isles unity.

The Devils/Isles alliance (what little is left of it these days) needs to die a quick but painful death.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hynes is ****ing terrible. Absolutely ****ing terrible. Peel needs to be fired. I wish I could suck at my job so badly and not have to worry about getting fired.

Really not sure why you attack Hynes so much, I would genuinely like to hear what he's doing so wrong considering the roster he has to work with.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One of the few, if any, reasons to tune in lately. A strong finish would do wonders for his confidence going into next year, nice to see him performing well despite this team being awful.

He was decent tonight.

It's real early but Beavilier looks better than him now and he was picked late first round compared to 6th.

Hope Zacha turns out to be better as the seasons progress.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Don't even care about the refs.

Even with players mailing it in, Hynes is still a garbage coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman is awful.
Banish him to Albany.

He takes too many penalties, even forgetting this penalty fest and whistle happy game.

But I actually like when he takes penalties, if someone has to take them. He's better off in the box than on the ice killing them.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I saw some good hustle from JQ and it was good for him to get on the board too

He's another one to watch, I'd like to see him get a shot with the big club next season. Going to be an interesting camp and pre season with how many young guys are going to be competing for jobs. Add in Speers and McCleod as well.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm still laughing at Lovejoy of all people fighting at the end. And then Moore taking a shot at Ladd. You know it's bad when the most mild tempered guys on the roster are losing it.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
He was decent tonight.

It's real early but Beavilier looks better than him now and he was picked late first round compared to 6th.

Hope Zacha turns out to be better as the seasons progress.

Zacha had an up and down year, but being a rookie on a very bad team is really a tough spot to be in. Not worried about other players nor where they were drafted, just worried about our guys and their growth.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Don't even care about the refs.

Even with players mailing it in, Hynes is still a garbage coach.

The horrific officiating doesn't matter tonight but it can carry into next season if the Devils organization let it.

Shero needs to talk to the league tomorrow.

Tonight was comical.
And. It's been really bad of late.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
What happened to Tavares? I missed the third period. I will shed no tears for him if he's hurt. He gets away with a ton of chippy ****. Honestly cant stand him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes is still a garbage coach.
Quoted EIGHT times for truth.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What happened to Tavares? I missed the third period. I will shed no tears for him if he's hurt. He gets away with a ton of chippy ****. Honestly cant stand him.

He was skating behind the Devils net, took a step and kind of extended his leg a bit, then went down grabbing his hamstring. He either got a cramp or sprained, strained or torn his hamstring it looked like. No Devil was really involved in the play.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Really not sure why you attack Hynes so much, I would genuinely like to hear what he's doing so wrong considering the roster he has to work with.

A number us do. And deservedly so. Read through a few GDTs and you'll get an idea.

Look at my avatar. I've wanted him gone since December

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How was Kapla

Made a couple missteps defensively, but he can pass. He has good vision and good hockey IQ with the puck. I can see his defensive game could use a bit more work though.

Still, he was infinitely better than Lovejoy.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
A number us do. And deservedly so. Read through a few GDTs and you'll get an idea.

Look at my avatar. I've wanted him gone since December

Actually, don't read through old GDTs unless you're doing research on people who probably should be in mental institutions.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad