Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
LA is a dump now unless you are wealthy, and even if I was wealthy why would I live in a city that is literally crumpling by the day(I really do know since I live in LA!)?
Incredibly blanket statement. "Crumpling by the day"?? You realize we're talking about Los Angeles not Louisiana, right? Athletes don't live in Palmdale or San Bernadino, they're in places like Manhattan Beach and Redondo.

Sounds like New York
Having lived in both relatively recently, the description is much more apt for current day NY

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Didn't the Kings shoot this down?? They're still talking about it on Boston media; but I thought someone posted here that LA said it was not a thing.

Keep in mind the team that fails in completing the deal that would improve their goaltending has more reason to deny, deny, deny. They are the team that such a deal says to the current guys, the 'tenders you need to perform down the stretch and playoffs, that the organization doesn't think you are good enough.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I forgot who it was but someone mentioned that Ulmark didnt reject a deal to LA he rejected a deal to another team and the deal with LA just didn’t get to the finish line in time. Im wondering if it’s something we see happen during the offseason or at the draft ?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Keep in mind the team that fails in completing the deal that would improve their goaltending has more reason to deny, deny, deny. They are the team that such a deal says to the current guys, the 'tenders you need to perform down the stretch and playoffs, that the organization doesn't think you are good enough.

Yeah I see people patting Hoven on the back this thread at the expense of Seravalli, but make no mistake, the dude is Blake's Iraqi Information Minister.

It's very likely that its' damage control/make the org look good.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
In case this wasn’t posted, it sounds like the rumors that Ullmark declined a trade to Los Angeles were unfounded. He did decline a trade, but not to LA.

Perhaps the rumored LA trade just didn’t get far enough along. This is corroborated by one of LA’s media members, who gets some stuff right (but has a penchant for being… overly kind to LA management):

Seems to me that it's just disinformation to muddy the waters.
I'll trust Seravalli over Jimmy Murphy any day.

Like others have said, it's damage control.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Blake: " i swear guys, i had a deal PLD for Ullmark and Boston was totally into it, but if fell thru 😭"

Also Blake:

1710188472660.png

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
In case this wasn’t posted, it sounds like the rumors that Ullmark declined a trade to Los Angeles were unfounded. He did decline a trade, but not to LA.

Perhaps the rumored LA trade just didn’t get far enough along. This is corroborated by one of LA’s media members, who gets some stuff right (but has a penchant for being… overly kind to LA management):

Jimmy Murphy should deactivate his twitter account "out of respect for all involved".

• Love
Reactions: Bender

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Geographically NJ isn’t too far from Boston so it’s hard to believe it was them but they were one of the only teams openly going for a goalie unless Edmonton or Toronto quietly inquired about him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Geographically NJ isn’t too far from Boston so it’s hard to believe it was them but they were one of the only teams openly going for a goalie unless Edmonton or Toronto quietly inquired about him.
The Oilers are very much not in the market for a goalie. The numbers bounced back considerably after the defense became passable again

The Oilers' failed to land what they were looking for, but it was for a top 4D and/or top six forward

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He's richer in Boston (cost of living...)

Boston actually has the 4th highest cost of living in the US (NY, Honolulu, SF), but obviously that’s not accounting for the insanity of the nicest parts of SoCal and is an average.

It’s got to be Ottawa that he rejected.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Friedman says he hasn’t heard anything to disprove it. In Friedman code that means he’s heard the same thing as Seravalli.

He said LA was sensitive about it because it caused players to consider who was involved (malcontent PLD?). That’s Friedman speak for Rob Blake’s mouthpiece John Hoven leaked that it wasn’t true, even though it is true.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m still trying to wrap my head around what an LA deal that was cap neutral would have looked like.

Roy doesn’t make sense with Boston sporting McAvoy and Carlo as RD. They wouldn’t move Ullmark for a rental to play on the bottom pair or push Carlo there.

Danault both has a very long contract for his age and is too valuable to what LA does.

Arvidsson + futures seems like a dumb move for Boston to make at the TDL

LA seems too light at LD to move Gavrikov

I don’t think they would be looking to move Kempe or Moore either. But maybe I’m wrong there.

I just don’t know what it could have been beyond Ullmark plus one of Gryz, Forbort or DeBrusk for PLD (with my money on Gryz).

Reactions: Vote4Lubo

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Incredibly blanket statement. "Crumpling by the day"?? You realize we're talking about Los Angeles not Louisiana, right? Athletes don't live in Palmdale or San Bernadino, they're in places like Manhattan Beach and Redondo.

Having lived in both relatively recently, the description is much more apt for current day NY
Daniel Larusso and his mom lived in Reseda and he’s a badass athlete.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
LA is a dump now unless you are wealthy, and even if I was wealthy why would I live in a city that is literally crumpling by the day(I really do know since I live in LA!)?
Kings players live in Manhattan Beach, Santa Monica or in Beverly Hills. Those areas have out-of-state residents flocking there every day. I know I used to live in So Cal.

Ullmark probably just prefers living closer to the East Coast.

PLD = $8.5 million
Talbot = $1 million

Ullmark = $5 million

That's a net increase of $4.5 million for the Bruins. They have less than $100k in space and less than $2 million in LTIR. Not sure how they swing that without sending at least Debrusk back and I can't see LA retaining on PLD for 7 years.
Money wouldn't have worked. Don't think PLD was involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00