Post-Game Talk: Ugly. Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
) Mighty impressed by Josh Leivo’s ability to spend endless time in the press box and still find ways to instantly make an impact when he finally dresses (four shots on goal and one assist in a little less than 15 minutes TOI). That can’t be easy to do. Almost without fail, whenever he’s made an appearance in the last two seasons, he plays with a tonne of urgency and is constantly making things happen, be it with skilled touches off the rush or creating down low. Dating back to last season, Leivo has 11 points in his last 10 NHL games including his point on the first Nazem Kadri goal tonight. It’s bizarre to type that out knowing he’s likely headed back to the press box on Monday night.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2017...iladelphia-flyers-4-vs-toronto-maple-leafs-2/

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
For a few games then hurt his groin and be out a month. Let's see him start 50-60 games in a season and post numbers as good as Andersen.
andersen had the luxury of playing behind an anaheim defense that was among the tops in the league. reimer played behind the leafs defense which was crap and is still crap.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
andersen had the luxury of playing behind an anaheim defense that was among the tops in the league. reimer played behind the leafs defense which was crap and is still crap.

I am talking about last season where Andersen started 66 games behind the same team. Anyway, how does this matter? I am saying that Reimer can not stay healthy and will never be able to start even 50 games in a season.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I am talking about last season where Andersen started 66 games behind the same team. Anyway, how does this matter? I am saying that Reimer can not stay healthy and will never be able to start even 50 games in a season.
this defense is much better than the defense reimer was playing behind

Reactions: Nazem to Nylander

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Would you rather have Andersen or a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks (ours and Pittsburgh's), and Marc Andre Fleury? Seems like an obvious choice to me.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Andersen is getting beat by "perfect shots" all season long. Wonder what the shooters did to get so much better over the offseason.
Probably a combination of things.

They were nice goals by the other team. Sometimes the other team makes a play. That Carolina game, other than that 2nd goal, those were really nice goals from Carolina, off the post and in or top corner. Would have Carey Price stopped those? He's a smaller goalie too.

That relates to another point about the early season, is that it surprises. They said Carolina could not score. They looked good scoring, maybe they were just slumping and the scouting report was wrong, Leafs got caught off guard.

The most important thing is team defense. Look at last night. The Leafs scratch and claw back to 3-2, then Kadri tries to play defenseman, which he failed to make the play to cut off the pass leading to a 2 on 1 the other way, with the Flyers best player basically. At that point in the game, why is Kadri trying to play defenseman, where was the other defenseman? Play with fire long enough, you get burned.

Andersen, of course he could be better. But the team was winning. Would the team have won those games with Jonas Enroth? No way Jose. McBackup Man? Enroth would have loss all of them just like last year. Your backup if he wins 50% you should be happy. The Leafs goalie was over 60% win% and he sucks to his detractors. You got to play who you got and not who you wish you have.

Now that teams have a better idea about themselves and others, we will see what comes next.

I love this tin foil hat smiley. :dunce:

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Also it's pretty annoying that a blatant missed penalty leading to a goal is not reviewable, but if you're offside a fraction of an inch a minute before a goal is scored you can get that goal waived off. Where's the logic for that? Do they only care about getting a fraction of the calls right?

Reactions: Leafblooded

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Also it's pretty annoying that a blatant missed penalty leading to a goal is not reviewable, but if you're offside a fraction of an inch a minute before a goal is scored you can get that goal waived off. Where's the logic for that? Do they only care about getting a fraction of the calls right?

How the NHL can't see this is a stupid rule is beyond me.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The same team? get out of here, this team is 100x better
What is truly better of this team compared to the last ten years, is that there is stability in key areas,

goalie
top 4 defensemen
two very good NHL lines

After that, it is kind of surprising, because you get the feel that the rest of the lineup is a work in progress.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
What is truly better of this team compared to the last ten years, is that there is stability in key areas,

goalie
top 4 defensemen
two very good NHL lines

After that, it is kind of surprising, because you get the feel that the rest of the lineup is a work in progress.

We had people who don't aren't even in the NHL anymore

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Agree. How Komarov is even in the NFL is beyond me. 'Working hard' as some claim he does here can only get you so far in this league. I can take his spot then.

I too am perplexed at how Komarov even made it into the NFL, particularly since he's still on an NHL roster. Gotta be impressed by his athleticism though . . . didn't even know he played football :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad