Post-Game Talk: Ugly. Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Small change that I would really like to see:

Stop this even ice time for our top 3 lines garbage. Matthews' line dominates play every time they are out there and deserve to be given the 1st line treatment by now. Why does Matthews have 18 minutes of ice time a night while Komarov has 15?

Time to act like a big boy hockey team and give Matthews line 20-22 minutes a night.

Reactions: rimshot

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Stop this even ice time for our top 3 lines garbage. Matthews' line dominates play every time they are out there and deserve to be given the 1st line treatment by now. Why does Matthews have 18 minutes of ice time a night while Komarov has 15?

Time to act like a big boy hockey team and give Matthews line 20-22 minutes a night.

In the event leafs make playoffs you want your players to not be fatigued.

Mins fir the lines are fine

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I agree.

Matthews, Nylander and Hyman (yes, and Hyman) can overpower other lines, seemingly no matter the matchup. We should be playing them as much as possible.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I agree, but to be fair matthews' line's icetime has been going up steadily. it's rightly come at the expense of the bozak line, not the kadri line, though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
he did perform better than this, behind a much worse defense than this.

When you say "better than this" you do realize those were years when the Leafs were a lottery team right? Like we have Rielly, Marner and Nylander as souvenirs from those stellar Reimer years, and Boston/Calgary has Dougie Hamilton to verify.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Andersen has been making most of those saves when we're playing structured defense though...

He's also getting beat clean A LOT...

What I mean by "clean" is not rebounds, scrambles, tips or screen shots. Just beat where he is squared up to the shooter and has a clear view of the shot. He's gotta have those more often than he has.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
he did perform better than this, behind a much worse defense than this.

Like game 7 against Bruins? Or dancing in the net?

P.S. reimer didn't have 1st or 2nd year rookies like Zaitsev, Borgman playing in front of him.

Pretty much every other line is a plus or a small minus instead of Bozak line are you telling me that Freddie only plays bad when Bozak line is on the ice?

Last season:

Freddie: .918 SV%, 2.6 GAA in 66 games

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=111711

Reimer: .920 SV%, 2.5 GAA in 42 games

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89975

Freddie had a slow start; and played 66 games 24 more games... in front of a rookie line up

This season:
Freddie: 3.6 GAA
Reimer: 3.2 GAA

So do you believe panther's D is worst than Leafs D?

Reactions: stickty111

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Reimer is a backup and Freddy is a bottom tier starter. I'd personally like to have the 1st and 2nd round draft picks back. The Penguins paid a 2nd round pick for a team to take Fleury off their hands and I think he's at least as good as Freddy.

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

That's on Babs. He talks about how Bozak wasn't good but he gives him 15 mins a game. Same with Komo. Why does Komo get 15 mins per game?
He doesn't bring much to the table. It's not like the Flyers had tons of PP

Polak, I am doing my best to optimistic about him but he's brutal and he's bringing Borgy down with him. Put Borgman with Gardiner. That's a good compliment match up. Polak does nothing to help the kid

We have some good players, but they are not properly utilized what's the point. Add 2 more mins to Kadri and 2 more mins to Matthews. Matthews is an elite athlete, he can handle the time. Not only that, the other team is always afraid and gets defensive when Matthews on the ice

Nobody's scared of Bozak or Komo to do something offensive and the opponents attacks with confidence

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
He's also getting beat clean A LOT...

What I mean by "clean" is not rebounds, scrambles, tips or screen shots. Just beat where is squared up to the shooter and has a clear view of the shot. He's gotta have those more often than he has.
yup both of those philly goals over the glove he was plainly beat!

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Leivo - had a solid game, this guy needs to be playing every day he deserves a spot on the team. His skating looked good last night

Bozak - played with little to no effort. He looked bad out there.

Gardiner - had himself an awful game. When he's off he's terrifying with the puck.

Kadri - looked great. Controlled the game when he was on the ice.

Andersen - needs to be better. The odd man rushes are killing him but it can't be an excuse he needs to be stopping the puck.

Komarov - can't be on the power play. Killed our whole 5 on 3 advantage by himself. He's just not smart enough with the puck

Hyman - played well. If he had any offensive ability he would score a ton of goals. Matthews and Nylander feed him all the time he needs to put them in.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Leivo - had a solid game, this guy needs to be playing every day he deserves a spot on the team. His skating looked good last night

Bozak - played with little to no effort. He looked bad out there.

Gardiner - had himself an awful game. When he's off he's terrifying with the puck.

Kadri - looked great. Controlled the game when he was on the ice.

Andersen - needs to be better. The odd man rushes are killing him but it can't be an excuse he needs to be stopping the puck.

Komarov - can't be on the power play. Killed our whole 5 on 3 advantage by himself. He's just not smart enough with the puck

Hyman - played well. If he had any offensive ability he would score a ton of goals. Matthews and Nylander feed him all the time he needs to put them in.

That was the turning point of the game for me. Talk about over coaching. We have 3 -4 20 goal scorers and he puts iKomo. I love Komo but I wouldn't put him in that situation. Especially when you have a tall shooter in Leivo, a speedster in Kapanen and Brown for retrieval

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Babcock putting Leo on the PP better not last too long.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Reimer was technically poor. That's why he was exciting, that's why he was streaky, that's why he's a backup. Because his technique sucks.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The great mystery here is whether the Leafs have changed their strategy in accordance with their personnel – lots of skill and speed up front, weak on the blue line – or if Babcock just doesn’t have his players buying in fully yet (it’s hard to sell the program when you’re scoring four or five a game with ease). We saw more structure from Babcock’s Leafs team in 2015-16; they just had none of the talent. We did see more structure than this as Babcock got his systems dialled in later in the season last year. Regardless, the coaching staff has to get this sorted out – the team is turning pucks over like crazy in the neutral zone and they’re giving up too many chances against in transition. This team has enough issues staying organized in its own zone and can ill-afford to be coughing up odd-man looks against all night

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2017...iladelphia-flyers-4-vs-toronto-maple-leafs-2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad