GDT: UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Was their first fight any good? I missed it.

Shevchenko got that commie swag about her. Nice dance.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Overall a fun main card:

Shevchenko vs Pena
- Usually not a fan of the women's fights, this one no different. Boring fight. How the hell does Pena get caught with that? I am interested in seeing Shevchenko vs Nunes though, they sold me with the trash talk... :sarcasm:

Cerrone vs Masvidal
- Amazing matchup on paper. I find these guys very similar, they just do everything well. Brutal non call by Dean at the end of round one, made the right decision in the 2nd. Masvidal looked great. If he can put together a good stretch I can see him with the belt.

Arlovski vs Ngannou
- Ngannou is a scary mother****er. I want to see him tested with a wrestler.

Caceras vs Knight
- Really fun back and forth. Knight deserved the win, didn't know him before today, but he looks fun

Undercard
- Boring...

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Just watched the fights and happy to see masvidal win. Was hoping arlovski would win but oh well. Dont care about the other two fights

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
To be fair, Cerrone never had head movement.

This. Cowboy is my favourite fighter but yeah. Everyone said he's a different animal at WW but he's honestly the same fighter. If Cowboy can dictate the pace he's a killer. Matt Brown was aggressive in round 1 and won that round. He started to gas and pull off a bit, Cerrone took over and his kicks are lethal.

He lacks head movement, and doesn't take a body shot too well, which we all know. Jorge Masvidal had the perfect gameplan. Cerrone is what he is. Still love him. Greg Jackson should not have sent him back out there. Cowboy is just not a good boxer. Cowboy also has zero top 10 wins at WW.

Jorge Masvidal's gameplans hold him back. Skill is there. He coasts too much. He's also not massive. I think the bigger WW's take him out. WW isn't as deep as it once was. Really hope GSP comes back. Letting Rory go was a ****ing mistake.

Overall a fun main card:

Shevchenko vs Pena
- Usually not a fan of the women's fights, this one no different. Boring fight. How the hell does Pena get caught with that? I am interested in seeing Shevchenko vs Nunes though, they sold me with the trash talk... :sarcasm:

Cerrone vs Masvidal
- Amazing matchup on paper. I find these guys very similar, they just do everything well. Brutal non call by Dean at the end of round one, made the right decision in the 2nd. Masvidal looked great. If he can put together a good stretch I can see him with the belt.

Arlovski vs Ngannou
- Ngannou is a scary mother****er. I want to see him tested with a wrestler.

Caceras vs Knight
- Really fun back and forth. Knight deserved the win, didn't know him before today, but he looks fun

Undercard
- Boring...

Wrestlers at HW? Really isn't much man. There's Cain Velasquez I suppose. Sounds like JDS vs Stipe will happen, which is okay to me. Then possibly Rothwell vs Werdum. Kind of like Ngannou vs Hunt/Overeem winner.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Lol let's not give him to Hunt. If Mark fights another roided fighter, his head will explode from crying.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
That Marquardt prelim fight, jeez. He didn't seem interested in winning that fight at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a fun main card. Impressive finishes by all four winners.

I'm excited to see what's next for Ngannou. Still don't really know about the grappling and ground game but I'm definitely on that bandwagon.

That's the second straight split decision loss for Sterling. He's going against better competition now but that was another pretty underwhelming performance. That's too bad.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
That was a fun main card. Impressive finishes by all four winners.

I'm excited to see what's next for Ngannou. Still don't really know about the grappling and ground game but I'm definitely on that bandwagon.

That's the second straight split decision loss for Sterling. He's going against better competition now but that was another pretty underwhelming performance. That's too bad.

His boxing sucks. Great grappler, has some power in his kicks, and then nothing.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Sterling's lack of boxing is going a big wall for him to become a contender. The flashy kicking game is just too energy-inefficient and he doesn't have the Yair Rodriguez cardio to play it effectively for an entire fight

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Valentina Shevchenko is next champion. She will knock Nunes out in their next fight. Joanna and Valentina are just different kind of beasts than other woman.

Somebody said fight between Pena and Valentina was poor, i agree but only reason to that was because Pena was so scared about Valentina stand up that her only option was to clinch. Valentina is also very good at clinch and for my eyes it look like Pena only lost his stamina trying only clinch all time, and i think that's why she get caught for that armbar.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Curtis Blaydes is probably one of the best wrestlers at heavyweight division despite being inexperienced as hell :laugh: It was fairly impressive how Ngannou didn't have much problems in that fight

The Blaydes fight was so awesome, too. What an entertaining fight. Just watched it again a few days before this card.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Valentina Shevchenko is next champion. She will knock Nunes out in their next fight. Joanna and Valentina are just different kind of beasts than other woman.

Somebody said fight between Pena and Valentina was poor, i agree but only reason to that was because Pena was so scared about Valentina stand up that her only option was to clinch. Valentina is also very good at clinch and for my eyes it look like Pena only lost his stamina trying only clinch all time, and i think that's why she get caught for that armbar.
Shevchenko is a "different kind of beast" over Nunes? I don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad