GDT: UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Curtis Blaydes is probably one of the best wrestlers at heavyweight division despite being inexperienced as hell :laugh: It was fairly impressive how Ngannou didn't have much problems in that fight

Yeah, Blaydes is a great prospect and he ran right through him. Could both end up as top-five guys in the division.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Shevchenko is a "different kind of beast" over Nunes? I don't think so.

Yes she is. She is much smaller girl than others in her division. Has won Muay Thai world champion many times, 2nd dan black belt in Taekwondo and also Black Belt in Judo. Only think Nunes got over him is reach advantage.

Nunes won Valentina one time, but i think Valentina comes back as a better fighter. They fight five rounds and i think Valentina will whoop her ass at later rounds.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
If you look at Ngannou UFC run, he's mostly been facing guys who wanted to take him down. The tests he needs to face now are strikers, which aside from Arlovski, who's only limited to his right hands, he didn't face any in his run.

After looking at the Cerrone loss, I'm thinking he might be past his physical prime. I think he looked slow in this and the Matt Brown fight.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Ngannou needs to face someone who has the same or bigger reach. I think he'll be exposed pretty quickly.

Cerrone should not have been fighting in the first place; he suffered a concussion just 6 weeks ago against Brown. IDK how he even got cleared.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If you look at Ngannou UFC run, he's mostly been facing guys who wanted to take him down. The tests he needs to face now are strikers, which aside from Arlovski, who's only limited to his right hands, he didn't face any in his run.

After looking at the Cerrone loss, I'm thinking he might be past his physical prime. I think he looked slow in this and the Matt Brown fight.

There's not exactly a stable of technical strikers at HW. Arlovski has high level striking because of the nature of the division.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Ngannou needs to face someone who has the same or bigger reach. I think he'll be exposed pretty quickly.

Cerrone should not have been fighting in the first place; he suffered a concussion just 6 weeks ago against Brown. IDK how he even got cleared.

There's like 5 HWs you can book him with though. It's so shallow, injury and suspension oriented as well. Stefan Struve perhaps?

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
There's like 5 HWs you can book him with though. It's so shallow, injury and suspension oriented as well. Stefan Struve perhaps?
Struve fight does nothing for him, I can't see them going that route. I think it's gotta be a top 5 guy.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Struve fight does nothing for him, I can't see them going that route. I think it's gotta be a top 5 guy.

Realistically, rankings in HW don't mean squat :laugh:, an impressive win over Struve would throw him right into the mix. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him up against Big Ben.

Last edited:

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Yeah Rothwell would make more sense. I guess my point is no one would complain if you gave him a top 5 guy right now, and a fight with Struve just means he'd get the top 5 guy next. Arlovski is considered a bigger win than Struve, so it just doesn't make sense for him to go backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad