Middleweight bout: Garreth McLellan vs. Alessio Di Chirico
Lightweight bout: Shane Campbell vs. Felipe Silva

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Chad Laprise vs. Thibault Gouti
Middleweight bout: Ryan Janes vs. Adam Hunter
Lightweight bout: Alex Ricci vs. Jeremy Kennedy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This should be a very good main card. Potential for some fun fights.

I wonder how the main event will be for the live Vancouver crowd. It's a very technical striker vs a grappler. Does that crowd just hate Mighty Mouse fights or are they likely to get pretty impatient in this one as well?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I wonder how the main event will be for the live Vancouver crowd. It's a very technical striker vs a grappler. Does that crowd just hate Mighty Mouse fights or are they likely to get pretty impatient in this one as well?

I think the crowd should be fine, but it will depend on how the actual fight is. But yeah, fun main card.

Probably as bad of an undercard as you'll see though.. ugly.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I usually try to watch these ugly undercard a because they sometimes tend to put on some good fights.

I'm interested to see how Pettis looks. He needs this win big time.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Main card does look pretty damn decent for sure, but you guys are right about the undercard. This is kinda what undercards should be like though, IMO. I always find it weird when they have bigger name guys on undercards for some events, while others have nobodies fighting on main cards.

I think I might make the trip across the water and try to get cheap tickets for this.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think I might make the trip across the water and try to get cheap tickets for this.

I took a look on ticketmaster and used the option where you can pick exactly where you want to sit and looks like there is A LOT of tickets still available for this one. Would be surprised if it sold 10,000 tickets.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like Condit a lot so when this fight was announced I was not happy. I don't see how he wins this. I don't think Maia finishes him but he'll control him long enough on the ground to take a decision.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Considering the majority of the crowd will be gangbangers, I think their patience for grappling will be rather short. They'll want blood.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like Condit a lot so when this fight was announced I was not happy. I don't see how he wins this. I don't think Maia finishes him but he'll control him long enough on the ground to take a decision.

It's a very interesting match up. I'm actually on the opposite side of it. I think Condit is too well rounded for Maia to control for the entire fight. The fact that it's a 5 round fight makes me like Condit's chances even more. At the same time though, I also wouldn't be surprised if Maia ends up winning.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I took a look on ticketmaster and used the option where you can pick exactly where you want to sit and looks like there is A LOT of tickets still available for this one. Would be surprised if it sold 10,000 tickets.

Yeah - keep an eye on Twitter. I expect there will be loads of tickets given away.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Main card has the potential to be either a real snoozer or some great fireworks with some of those names.. I'll probably tune in for a few.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like Condit to finish Maia in round 4 or 5 via TKO. I don't trust Maia's cardio

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Maia looked like absolute dog **** in the 2nd/3rd against Matt Brown (yes, he finished him but he looked very sluggish). I think Condit finishes him later in the fight for sure.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Condit doesn't need that much space and is lethal. Maia can take your back the entire fight. This is my favourite fight and the fight Ive most looked forward to in 2016.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad