GDT: UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Bader

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Man, Rumble is a beast.

Bader put himself in a horrible spot and paid for it big time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bader comes up small in a big fight again. Probably never getting a title shot now.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Bader comes up small in a big fight again. Probably never getting a title shot now.

Faberesque.

Wtf was Bader thinking?

Also, (not that it would matter) punch that put him out was back of the head.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wtf was Bader thinking?

I think he was so afraid of getting KO'ed that he took the first chance he could get at a takedown and then ended up in a horrible position. Rumble looked good on the ground which is good for him going into a potential fight against Jones/Cormier.

And how about Ben Rothwell? This was a guy that not long ago was involved in that pathetic fight against Mark Hunt in Denver where he could barely stay on his feet after 2 rounds. 4 finishes in a row, three against top guys in the division. I'd be surprised if a Rothwell/Stipe fight isn't in the cards for the UFC. Although I could see the UFC doing an Overreem/Stipe fight as well with maybe Rothwell/Browne.

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
According to the science of MMA Math, Rothwell has murdered Overeem who KO'ed JDS who decisioned Stipe Miocic.

Give Rothwell the title shot :naughty:

Rothwell has some wins over big name guys, but I think he looks too much like a bar room brawler for Uncle Dana to let him get a shot.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Rothwell has some wins over big name guys, but I think he looks too much like a bar room brawler for Uncle Dana to let him get a shot.

If this guy can be given a shot:
fabricio_werdum_smile_mmanewsPL_crop_north.jpg

So can Rothwell.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Rumble might be the most impressive one round fighter of all-time, in any weight class. I like Bader, but he is what he is, and that's a top 10 guy, nothing more. He'll never get a title shot, and I don't see him ever beating elite talent. I'd love to see what the odds were on Rothwell submitting Barnett. That was crazy. He's certainly making a case for himself but I just don't see him as HW champion. My guess is this is where he tops out.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Rumble might be the most impressive one round fighter of all-time, in any weight class. I like Bader, but he is what he is, and that's a top 10 guy, nothing more. He'll never get a title shot, and I don't see him ever beating elite talent. I'd love to see what the odds were on Rothwell submitting Barnett. That was crazy. He's certainly making a case for himself but I just don't see him as HW champion. My guess is this is where he tops out.

+1300 :laugh:

I don't care if he has no chance to winning the belt, i'll keep believing in him. He has dangerous power and he's actually amongst the most accurate punchers of the division and seem to be able deliver that dangerous offense into the 3rd round (based on the Vera fight).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad