GDT: UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Bader

member 51464

Robbie Lawler looks so bored n the background of the current fight. It is like he just isn't interested in MMA if he isn't actively punching someone.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Northcutt got a long way in about every aspect of the fight, considering his ground game is ironically the best element of his skillset. What gets him by is elite athleticism

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Northcutt got a long way in about every aspect of the fight, considering his ground game is ironically the best element of his skillset. What gets him by is elite athleticism

Long way to go but he's 19 years old and doesn't even train full time. He'll be fine.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

His ground game is his best skill?

Did I miss something???

member 51464

Long way to go but he's 19 years old and doesn't even train full time. He'll be fine.

Has he talked much about his goals? Finish college and then dedicate himself full time? Or is this just for kicks until he gets a "real" job?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Has he talked much about his goals? Finish college and then dedicate himself full time? Or is this just for kicks until he gets a "real" job?

I thought he dropped out of college.

He's a pro fighter. He's been fighting since he was 2. I'm pretty sure he's going for UFC gold.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wow!

Big Ben Rothwell with the submission. Didn't expect that at all.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
BEN ROTHWELL IS MY GOD!!!

His karate game actually hasn't translated much into his mma career. His most consistent method of victory has been taking his opponents down and pounding them out or tapping them out
ah. I'm thinking you're talking about bjj or wrestling on the ground - his weakest aspects.

Also needs time to develop "man" strength. It was obvious when "opponent" was winning the dirty boxing against the cage.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Not sure. I think he's in school right now, which I believe is one of the reasons why he didn't train full time at Tristar in Montreal.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I want Rothwell to get the title shot

ah. I'm thinking you're talking about bjj or wrestling on the ground - his weakest aspects.

Also needs time to develop "man" strength. It was obvious when "opponent" was winning the dirty boxing against the cage.

Basically, Sage is a guy with a top game and zero bottom game; his striking is flashy but lacks any kind of fundamentals. Pure definition of a raw fighter :laugh:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Not sure. I think he's in school right now, which I believe is one of the reasons why he didn't train full time at Tristar in Montreal.

Wasn't he going to school in Texas? I thought I heard someone mention he dropped out.
Sorry if that was incorrect.

member 51464

I thought he dropped out of college.

He's a pro fighter. He's been fighting since he was 2. I'm pretty sure he's going for UFC gold.
I believe he is still a petroleum engineering major at A&M.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. If he matures mentally, his physical gifts aren't going anywhere. So it'll be interesting to see what other skills he picks up to become a more well-rounded fighter.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I kinda want Bader to win this one. Never been a big fan of his but he has improved a lot and it seems like they're trying to make sure he doesn't get a title shot because of his style.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wasn't he going to school in Texas? I thought I heard someone mention he dropped out.
Sorry if that was incorrect.

I remember him saying he was taking a semester off at one point to train. Pretty sure he went back though.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm pulling for Bader. I think he's underrated. I think Johnson is overrated. We'll see how this plays out.

Jones has ruined this division for me. Now everyone is tiers below the top.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I'm pulling for Bader. I think he's underrated. I think Johnson is overrated. We'll see how this plays out.

Jones has ruined this division for me. Now everyone is tiers below the top.

Jones or no Jones, outside the top 6 (that includes Phil Davis), LHW is just awful to the point that if no good prospects start coming out in the future, we might just see the UFC merge LHW and HW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad