Welterweight bout: George Sullivan vs. Alexander Yakovlev
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Masio Fullen

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Matt Dwyer vs. Randy Brown
Featherweight bout: Damon Jackson vs. Levan Makashvili
Lightweight bout: Tony Martin vs. Felipe Olivieri

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not their best work for a Fox card. Some decent match ups though and it's free so can't really complain.

I don't think this is going to go too well for Bader.

Also, we get to see Sage Northcutt fight again!

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Hope to see Johnson take this. Pretty sure he could knock out anyone in the division if things go right. Bader has zero chance to take the title imo.

member 51464

Not their best work for a Fox card. Some decent match ups though and it's free so can't really complain.

I don't think this is going to go too well for Bader.

Also, we get to see Sage Northcutt fight again!

I really liked the description someone had of him that his personality is identical to Buddy's from the movie Elf :laugh:

I've never seen Bader fight, but looking at who he has fought, I can't help but think Johnson is just on a higher tier.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I really liked the description someone had of him that his personality is identical to Buddy's from the movie Elf :laugh:

I've never seen Bader fight, but looking at who he has fought, I can't help but think Johnson is just on a higher tier.

Bader is underrated. He's not an exciting talent, but he's a very good fighter. The one thing though: That chin is always a question mark.

The kickboxing game of Bader looked really smooth against Evans.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bader is underrated. He's not an exciting talent, but he's a very good fighter. The one thing though: That chin is always a question mark.

The kickboxing game of Bader looked really smooth against Evans.

The chin is a question mark and he's one of those guys who always seems to come up small in the big fights. He did just beat Rashad and Davis though so maybe he'll change that.

I actually want to see him win here and really show that he deserves a title shot. I just don't see it happening.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Love watching Sage fight.

Hopefully he fights Jake Matthews soon.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

And Johnson has... 1 big win?

Edit -
Actually, Baders resume is much better than Johnsons.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
-450 odds for Northcutt is really crazy. He's still pretty raw and hasn't been battle tested, which is all normal since he's 19. Barberena has an excellent chin and will go to war, which is unknown territory for Northcutt.

When i read stories of Northcutt's dad pulling him off Tristar Gym for the Pfister fight because Northcutt would get tired during camp, I'm not sure he's being pushed for a 15 minute war.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I foolishly expected a lot more from that fight. Saffiedine had a long lay off though so there might have been some ring rust.

Sage time!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hype train has been knocked off course.

As Rogan said, that was a pretty quick tap from half guard. Didn't fight/defend it too much.

member 51464

Pretty disappointed in Sage. Mental toughness is more helpful than the Ken body. It'll be interesting to see how he bounces back.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Northcutt was always bound to lose in the near future. he's just a prospect with very raw skills and elite athleticism. Nothing bad about losing, he'll grow as a fighter, but he's not going to be a fast rise through the ranks of the deepest division in MMA where Top 30 LWs could legit be top 10 equivalents in most mma division.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I have seen so many people that have practised striking technique for years and look amazing when they hit pads, but as soon as they get in the ring it all goes out the window. This Sage kid reminds me of those people.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Technically he lost as a WW so he's still an unbeatable machine as a LW. :sarcasm:

He's still extremely young though. He has plenty of time to learn ground game. He panicked there.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There's no doubt Northcutt's got talent. But he's still got a long ways to go on the ground. This loss will do him good. He probably can be champion one day, but he certainly wasn't going to get there undefeated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad